Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this will be my first time posting in this forum. I own a 2012 wildcat 1000. I have an issue that is baffling. Everything was going perfectly about a week ago. I blew a belt. I then changed the belt. During the belt break in i got i codes c1312 which went away after break in period. once again everything was back to normal no codes on the dash.

The next day i went for a ride about 200km it was 44 degrees Celsius that day and about 5 km from home i got an overheating light and code p0116. So i changed and bled my coolant to some higher spec coolant.Took it for a ride and it performed better than ever.

Now today the gauge is showing every light possible (check engine, over heating, flashers, headlights,4x4,eps, etc...) every where there would potentially be a number indicated it is showing an 8 as if every light was illuminated. It is as if it is repeating the cycle when you turn the key on over and over again before it shows you what gear you are in. every 5 seconds the needle bumps up and the instrument cluster makes a winding kind of sound and the main back lights flash.

I was wondering if anyone had any expedience with something like this? I'm not sure if the instrument cluster is on the fritz or if its the ECU . I havnt really ripped around since then because of fear of damage but it doesnt seem to run quite as well as before or as fast still starts up and idles fine.

At 6k km

Thanks in advance for any advice/help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I left out i pressure washed everything when i got home could it be water damage?

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
A pressure washer can be your best friend and worst enemy just seconds apart. I was too aggressive with the pressure washer around the fuse holder on my X and had to install an external fuse holder for the Main circuit when the corrosion added resistance to the main fuse and melted that corner of the fuse holder.

I would proceed on the assumption that you got water into one or more connections. Pull everything suspicious apart, dry it out, plug it in & pull it apart a few more times to scrape away any corrosion, then apply dielectric grease to the seals when you put the connections back together.

Reactions: mtgott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A pressure washer can be your best friend and worst enemy just seconds apart. I was too aggressive with the pressure washer around the fuse holder on my X and had to install an external fuse holder for the Main circuit when the corrosion added resistance to the main fuse and melted that corner of the fuse holder.

I would proceed on the assumption that you got water into one or more connections. Pull everything suspicious apart, dry it out, plug it in & pull it apart a few more times to scrape away any corrosion, then apply dielectric grease to the seals when you put the connections back together.

Thanks mbrandt1402, I think you're right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts