Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few of you have asked so I will update those who care! 7k estimate so far, could go up a bit higher. Not everything is priced out yet.

funny.jpg For those of you that miss his mug I posted up a recent picture as well!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He hit a small ditch at 60mph lol. Bit o damage :}~

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he was playing with his carrot personally....see the pic at the top.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the phone with him 3ft acros and 2ft deep and he ran over the small part. Hit at an angle! Each side of the ditch was level, just a basic run off washout. I said ditch so people got a mental picture. Mind you he hit that at 60mph lol. Snap crackle pop.

·
Registered
156 Posts
On the phone with him 3ft acros and 2ft deep and he ran over the small part. Hit at an angle! Each side of the ditch was level, just a basic run off washout. I said ditch so people got a mental picture. Mind you he hit that at 60mph lol. Snap crackle pop.
sounds nasty........

·
Registered
42 Posts
O.K....I have a stupid question but I think it makes a point. I raced desert bikes when young and dabble with cars... but I don't have but a few hours in a UTV... I'd rather not learn everything by driving experience...as important as that is. Experience is a thourough teacher but it consumes your parts in the teaching!

I'd like to read up on "How to race a UTV". We don't have a forum topic on this... a place to give each other tips that work well for the specific Wildcat geometries/power or even what works well with UTVs in general.

If, on my bike, I saw a ditch as described at 60 I'd speed-up, load my front shock last minute, pop the power/ pull the bars/spring my front shocks thus float my front and have miniumum rear wheel drop due to higher speed...I'd do it without thinking cause I practised what I knew to be right many times before.

Heck if I know if I can effectively do the same with a Wildcat... if I lock the brakes I dump into the ditch and take the full brunt of the far wall...snap! But if I speed up and stab the power last second to float the ditch...snap? What if I brake to reduce speed and compress front shocks, then last minute, stab accelerator to float front end, but maybe this drops rear wheels in ditch hard and heavy...snap?

"How to race a UTV". - it would be nice to see something like this. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Its a good thought MG, but if you can pull up on the steering wheel of your Wildcat and lighten up the front tires, you are way more of a man than I am!! Realistically, there is really not much you can do when you get in that situation. You can floor it and hope your speed carries you over it, or try and lock up the brakes and hope you slow down quick enough. Either way, its no better than 50/50 chance of coming out without some damage. I really try not to fly around at night without some serious aftermarket lighting. He took a wrong turnoff at night, probably due to poor visibility.................

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Here's everythig you need to know....Don't outrun your headlights and don't go faster than you can react.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If it cost 7K to repair, it would be cheaper in the long run just to buy a new cat & have a bunch of spare parts on hand or to part out and sell

Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
So, 7 grand to fix the Cat? Cheap at twice the price! He didn't have to go to the hospital, anybody care to estimate what that would have cost? Tex has my sympathy, but the Cat did it's job of protecting him. I'm wondering what my RZR would have looked like if I'd have done that to it. 'Course I don't think I could have got up to that speed in it!

Dwight

·
Vendor
508 Posts
Always taught my kids only go as fast as you can see, meaning you need to be able to stop before the end of your siteline. Depends on where you are, a blind corner for instance you need to go much slower than a dry lakebed. Having said that, sometimes things jump out and it's unpreventable, I and 6 other UTV's I was with passed a washout much like TX describes at 60+ and just happened to be to the right of it. Sh1t happens...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts