Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 wildcat trail xt. I need to get more ground clearance because I sometimes hit the rocks sliders which are starting to get flattened. I have stock suspension. From reading the forums i see I need to replace the stock springs. I plan to either get heavier springs from bandit springs but wondering if I'd be better off getting bandit shocks with heavier springs.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
on our 2 trails we kept the oem shocks with the bandit 200/250 heavy duty springs and kept our ground clearance without further adjustments...it rode well also...steveahreeno who use to be on here went with the whole bandit package and loved them as he was racing his trail/sport...

Reactions: dspete05 and mtgott

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
All depends on how much you want to spend. We have ours set up like Dean Tech had his with just the heavy springs and have been very satisfied with it but we don't race, just trail ride

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
please mark correct my log in as i don't want anyone thinking i have any "tech" in my background...haaaaa...

Reactions: mtgott

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies and help. I don't race or do jumps, just tight wood trails so I plan on getting bandit springs as soon as they have them in stock.

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
haaaaa...i don't know much but i do know what my log in, forum name is...well, i think i do...

Reactions: ZINCKER

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I see you've gotten out of the swamp, how are things in Colorado?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went medium weight Bandit springs on my 2014 Trail. I chose those over heavy weights just to try and keep a softer ride for when my wife goes with me. They are great for trail riding, East Coast stuff. I kept the OEM shocks, which in my opinion seem to work quite well. It was the OEM springs that are the weak link. I'm at 11" clearance front and back and that is with barely any preload, just enough to keep the springs tight.

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
I see you've gotten out of the swamp, how are things in Colorado?
got out here oct 31st...found i had lost all the red blood cells acquired over 14 yrs and have been battling the loss of oxygen but seems to be getting better little by little...getting ready for annual color tour next week and gonna have jim and mary take care of me...aka boonedog and his honey...

Reactions: Piper71w

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Mark and Terri have informed us to give you and BJ he'll for not showing up for the last 2 Blackhills meets

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
i was pretty close to being there with the pandemic in february and heart attack in april with numerous follow-up doctor appts...would have been willing for someone else to take my place so i could have been in the hills...naugh, wouldn't have wanted anyone else in my shoes...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts