Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a recommendation for at jack to lift my UTV if I need to replace a 32x10R15 tire on the trail. I've used one of of those ratchet off road jacks, I don't like them. I prefer a scissor lift but I'm not sure how much clearance those would have. Enclosed is a picture of my ride.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

·
Administrator
28,031 Posts
Best offroad jack is from Pro Eagle. Get the 2 ton "The Beast". Yes, they are expensive, but you'll never need another jack.

·
Administrator
28,031 Posts

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Research an exhaust jack, there should be a smaller one out there..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I researched exhaust jack. I prefer something else. Any other suggestions on a scissor lift that can lift very high?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can get a mounting bracket to store the Proeagle jacks. There made of stainless steel and you can get them at their website

·
Registered
54 Posts
Save your money and do one of these options, no need spend money more money than needed just to please the in crowd.😁

Had to edit your post. Please don't use links for Non-Supporting Vendors. Talk about them all you want, just don't add the links, thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Blotched
Save your money and do one of these options, no need spend money more money than needed just to please the in crowd.
Funny that your first suggestion is nearly 400 bucks and only good for UTV’s. I like that it’s compact but would prefer to spend a little more and be able to use for my car and truck as well. As for your second suggestion, cheap jacks are junk and dangerous. You get what you pay for! Quality tools are a lifetime investment

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Blotched

Funny that your first suggestion is nearly 400 bucks and only good for UTV’s. I like that it’s compact but would prefer to spend a little more and be able to use for my car and truck as well. As for your second suggestion, cheap jacks are junk and dangerous. You get what you pay for! Quality tools are a lifetime investment
Well Slow the first one works great on my race car and the second has worked fine on mine and all my buddies pre-runners, your money, your choice.

·
Administrator
28,031 Posts
Can you suggest a few other types besides Pro Eagle The Beast that I should consider to? Thanks everyone
Welcome tranhieu. First question would be why? Pro Eagle jacks are the best out there.

Reactions: Blochd63

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome tranhieu. First question would be why? Pro Eagle jacks are the best out there.
You're right, but for some the cost is prohibitive, not everyone can swing it especially after purchasing their rig, things get tight and you've got to get what you can afford that will still do the job for the time being. I started out with a scissor jack, that's gone now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You're right, but for some the cost is prohibitive, not everyone can swing it especially after purchasing their rig, things get tight and you've got to get what you can afford that will still do the job for the time being. I started out with a scissor jack, that's gone now.
You absolutely right! When someone asks for an opinion, you don’t know where they’re coming from, so I would recommend the best possible with the most options. There is no argument here, but you threw the first jab when you called us the “in crowd”! Everyone is entitle to their opinions even if they don’t align with yours. We’re all here to enjoy the sport.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You absolutely right! When someone asks for an opinion, you don’t know where they’re coming from, so I would recommend the best possible with the most options. There is no argument here, but you threw the first jab when you called us the “in crowd”! Everyone is entitle to their opinions even if they don’t align with yours. We’re all here to enjoy the sport.
I never called "you" or "the group" the in crowd, it was a generalization, I don't circulate solely in a Wildcat forum bubble I'm around lots of people and participate in many groups online and off, sorry if you got offended.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Use you scissors jack and carry 6" long 4x4 with it. I carry a jack stand with this. Use scissor jack to get it off the ground and high enough for jack stand, then let down on the jack stand, use 4x4 and your scissor jack to height needed, extend jack stand to new height for safety.

Reactions: Blochd63

·
Registered
32 Posts
I never called "you" or "the group" the in crowd, it was a generalization, I don't circulate solely in a Wildcat forum bubble I'm around lots of people and participate in many groups online and off, sorry if you got offended.
No offense taken, like you I belong to many forums like this one. It’s all good. Enjoy your weekend!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just saw a Road Dawg 3 Ton High Lift Jack on sale at Tractor Supply that is more affordable than the one mentioned above. Not sure on the quality though

·
Registered
204 Posts
harbor freight has them under 50 dollars 48 inch

·
Registered
728 Posts
Rocky mt atv sells a scissor jack at a reasonable price i have it and have used on the trail works fine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts