Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2019. 88mi on it now. great fun to play with. Changing fluids this weekend.

A periodic problem has shown it's head, where it is extremely hard to shift out of reverse and requires 'bumping' the throttle to lurch the vehicle allowing the shifter to move.

This the dreaded clutch issue I've seen some threads about? Is there anything I can do while checking things out this weekend to improve things?

Inquiring minds and all...

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can try to turn the machine off when it is stuck and wait a minute or 2 then try shifting before starting it again. If it shifts smooth when turned off I'd start thinking it was the clutch sticking.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Pretty tell tale sign is usually heat related shifting issue, no issue when cold. If it happens cold or hot, then shift cable issue maybe. Wouldn't expect a '19 to have the primary corrosion issue, but who knows...

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Did you figure it out yet? I had the same trouble this weekend, very hard to shift when hot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you figure it out yet? I had the same trouble this weekend, very hard to shift when hot.
I have not yet. All available free time has been spent do major house projects (deferred maintenance/upgrades) and sticking to prior commitments made earlier in the year. When the weather turns for good the rig will make it to the shop for inspection/repair.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You might try resetting your TPS. I had hard shifting issues within the first hundred miles and a TPS reset fixed it. I found the information on how to reset the TPS on here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I fixed my shifting problem when hot. I was told that low milage units often have a sticking problem in the primary. I took the end cap off, polished the slides where the weights move in and out and reinstalled and no longer have the problem shifting when normal running temps are reached. My dealer told me i need a new clutch assembly and it was 570.00 but how can that be possible when i have only 356 miles on a 2016? Hope this helps out.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Sometimes cleaning and some polishing does the trick other times it does not and requires a new primary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts