Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 wildcat sport, it has a vibration in 4wd (none in 2wd) that begins when I hit 5mph up to 20mph. Before 5 & after 20, the ride is smooth again. Can anyone help? What is doing this?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Check your motors mounts..

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
senior said it best, there are as many theories as owners, personally mine seemed to be affected by changing tires but nothing has eliminated it. I only use 4 wheel when necessary, so really not noticeable.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's a very common issue. Mostly due to the binding of the output shaft with movement of the motor during acceleration. The ideal fix is to install a u joint on that drive shaft.

K aus design works has a heavier mount and serviceable carrier beating kit that can alleviate the issue.

Other fixes people came up with:
Install rubber between carrier bearing and holder
Try greasing the carrier bearing with a needle greaser

·
Registered
401 Posts
I know it sucks. Mine vibrates really bad as well since new.

I have tried putting the rubber between the bearing and holder and it didn't help. I'm going to try greasing mine next and if that doesn't do much I'll just get the k aus unit. It just time consuming to take that out.

People have found these different fixed because there was varying degrees of vibration experienced

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
People have found these different fixed because there was varying degrees of vibration experienced
Some people just have no feel for what going on with there vehicle.
I once saw a woman driving casually down the highway with a flat tire, she had no idea :rolleyes:
For me, even the smallest of rattles drives me crazy.

I did have some small success with rubber washers under & above the hanger, but found I had to switch to longer bolts & use a lock nut to allow me to keep the bolts quite loose.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You're not far off. Too many owners overlook the smallest, most routine detail. Working at dealerships for over 20 years, it used to amaze me that people had no idea when it came to air pressures in tires; one customer would drop their vehicles off, and the tires were ready to explode when we took them off the trailer with 30#'s of air in the tires... Or the customer that dropped them off with barely enough air in them to drive them across the parking lot... Then the customer, that delivered a machine, with the complaint that it needed an alignment, and the only thing amiss was a 25% difference in air on tires left and right.
-Not placing OP in this crowd, but making a point that air in tires is a huge factor in the way these vehicles roll.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts