Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scoured these forums looking for sizing information on a winch that would fit within the plastics on my 2017 Wildcat Trail XT. I wasn't able to find a thread with pictures that showed a winch that didn't sticking out. Usually the motor on the passenger side stuck out well past the plastic. I searched for sizes online and landed on the Viper Midnight 4500lb ATV/UTV winch. It looked like the spool was centered where others seemed to be offset. I took a risk and ordered one since they were only $149.99 on ebay.

Below are some pictures that might help future buyers. The install was easy and turned out better than I hoped.

Here's what came in the box:

Measurements:

Total Width:

Before pic:

After Mounting:

Arctic Cat makes it easy to see where to cut:

Plastics back on:

Driver Side:

Passenger Side:

After:

Really simple install after you remove the front. I took the floor out too and routed my wires inside the same wiring harness as everything else that runs to the back. The wires that came with the install were plenty long. The only thing I added were extra zip ties to make everything look nice. I did purchase a nice switch to mount on my dash since I didn't want to use the one they sent along. I had a Viper winch on a rzr I had a while ago and I never had any problems. I have Warn winches on all my quads, but they all stuck out too far on the trail for me. I wanted something that wouldn't get hit by a rock.

I just wanted to post in case someone else out there wanted to see pictures of what this winch looked like. I know it would have helped me when I was searching.

Have fun out there..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts