Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Virginia. I have been following these forums for a few months now and wanted to wait until I got my cat before signing up. I took the plunge in Oct and put down a deposit. I just picked it up Tues. #26 (pics to come soon). I was told that it was delayed because of a casting issue with the wheels from the manufacturer, maybe someone who knows for sure could chime in. This is my first UTV and in fact it's the first time I have rode/driven a UTV. The closest thing I have been in is a John Deere Gator. Now that said I have 20+ years riding sport ATVs and dirt bikes so I am not rookie to the offroad scene.

Here are my first impressions of the wildcat/UTV, however before I say anything I will mention that I am VERY proud to have bought this machine and really can't wait to get it out more and see what it can do.

First I noticed the lack of snappyness/torque of taking off or when nailing the throttle from a roll. This is probably something I will just have to adapt to since I am more familiar with a 360 lb machine vs a 1000+ lb machine. And I only mention this because I also have a Renegade 1000 and that thing is just insane (but again that is the power-to-weight ratio speaking). I will probably take care of some of this with the WCD system.

The turning radius is horrible. It's very obvious Arctic Cat really geared this thing for the west coast and open areas. I do a lot of trail riding (Hatfield-McCoy trails systems) and will be interested in seeing how this thing works out. I have seen a lot of RZRs on these trails and they seem to get around okay. I am not saying it won't work, if I thought that I wouldn't have bought it, but I think it is a limitation that AC will have to get better with future models.

It will probably need a snorkle. Again back to the trail riding and how the airbox is designed it looks like it could take on a lot of water and mud not to mention hot air from the engine. I haven't exaimined it too much but it does seem to be kind of low. When I have a chance to get under there more I will know more.

The seats are NOT adjustable but come out very easy. They have a lever in between the back and bottom that you pop up and then the seat folds forward to come out. I like this feature.

I need the accessories to come out... the thing needs some bumpers and side rock rails, as well as skid plates. There is a lot exposed underneath that need protection.

The only other thing would be possibly a chipped key. Can-am is now doing this and I think with a 16k+ machine some anti-theft security should be implemented. - No Key, no start.

If any of you who are waiting for one have questions feel free to ask. I am not going to take the thing apart but I can try to help out as much as possible.

Juice

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a zoo it is.... I have been sitting back just watching the amusement! hahaha....

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Welcome To The Site
Working On Snorks Now Had To Wait For Harness Bar To Come & It Did So Will Be Putting Pics On

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the snork will be nice. I too will need the harness bar. I saw one by UTV here but may wait to see what other manufacturers do. Nothing against UTV, but options are always nice. Also can't wait to see what pro-armor does with skid plates. It would be nice to see if Dura-Blue widen their variety of skid plates to include UTVs. I think the thicker plastic does better than thick aluminum. Here in VA and the east coast as a whole has a TON of rock. no matter how thick the aluminum, it ALWAYS bends.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as promised....

P1210217.jpg P1210222.jpg

Also rode it some in this snow... it's pretty fun to dance around. I can't wait to get it on a trail.....

·
Registered
945 Posts
Welcome to the mad house, Juice.....Dude, the green WC looks outstanding against the white snow back ground.....enjoy you new ride...looks sweet!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts