Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Wildcat Sport 700
Last weekend machine was buried in water. Everything in motor is OK, We have Spark. No fuel getting past injectors.
My question. What should the voltage be at the injectors. Orange wire reads 10 - 11 volts blue wire reads 4 when cranking the motor.
All connections that were under water have been checked and cleaned
No error codes on display

Thanks
David

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Were the ground connections also cleaned? Those get overlooked sometimes.

Reactions: mtgott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you ever figure out if it was the ground wire causing your issue
Did you ever figure out if it was the ground wire causing your issue
In the end all systems checked out. I decided I would start the process all over again in the event I missed something. I started with the fuel injectors out and on top of the motor. I turned key and had fuel. I decided I would clean the the best I could as I did not do that. I soaked them in Marvel Mystery oil for about five minutes reinstalled then and the machine fired right up and has been running without a problem since. What happened ......... it was about 95 degrees out that day. when the machine got stuck the water was a colder temperature and the gas tank went into a vacuum drawing water and silt in thru the 1/4 vent tube. I am going to look into a fix this winter for the problem as I am sure it will happen again

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Simple fix: put a small in-line fuel filter into the vent tube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the end all systems checked out. I decided I would start the process all over again in the event I missed something. I started with the fuel injectors out and on top of the motor. I turned key and had fuel. I decided I would clean the the best I could as I did not do that. I soaked them in Marvel Mystery oil for about five minutes reinstalled then and the machine fired right up and has been running without a problem since. What happened ......... it was about 95 degrees out that day. when the machine got stuck the water was a colder temperature and the gas tank went into a vacuum drawing water and silt in thru the 1/4 vent tube. I am going to look into a fix this winter for the problem as I am sure it will happen again
Awsome thx for the quick reply new on here my injectors are not blocked I've checked with a separate power source I'm just not getting negative pulse to them for them to open up leaning towards the computer but hope not lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awsome thx for the quick reply new on here my injectors are not blocked I've checked with a separate power source I'm just not getting negative pulse to them for them to open up leaning towards the computer but hope not lol
Anyone of a bunch of reasons that could happen. Check everything....... Best of luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone of a bunch of reasons that could happen. Check everything....... Best of luck
Just incase somebody was reading this my problem ended up being a bad speed sensor which caused the PC to turn off injectors thinking there was a problem took a long time and the whole bike stripped to nothing but that was the problem just unplug the sensor to see if it starts if it does theres your problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts