Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2016 Wild Cat Sport. It’s been a great machine and haven’t had any issues. Last year, while out on the trails I broke the shifter cable. I knew it was coming due to the difficulty of shifting, having to force it into gear(s). I’ve read many threads here indicating the cause being the clutch fly weights. I replaced the cable and looked at the clutch. I didn’t really do anything to it but try to clean it. It helped for a little bit. This year I broke another cable. I decided to throw the money for a Speed Werx clutch upgrade. I’m looking to know if anyone else has used this clutch upgrade? I’m not changing tire size, and don’t plan to. I have two questions. First it recommends using an OEM clutch belt. Has anyone tried using an upgraded belt with the kit? Second, the kit comes with various screws and washers to dial in the rpm’s. Are we talking rpm’s at idle? I’m assuming we are. Those of you that have used this kit, what was you impression after the install?

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
The rpms your looking for is between 7500- 7750 at full throttle after it initially spikes. You can use it with any belt your rpms will vary, they tune with a factory belt. Depending on the kit you got they recommend starting with no screws or washers and see what your rpms are and add weight to get it off the limiter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sal kitty! It helps clarify my thought process about the upgrade. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
I had a speedwerx kit in my sport. I can recall some info if you have questions. you Might have to search on here about sanding your towers on the clutch itself To stop breaking those cables.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Mine kit was the 27” or paddles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I'm a new Wildcat sport user, I have a problem with the drive belt. You hear weird funny what that might be?
thank you in advance for your answer.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Hi guys. I'm a new Wildcat sport user, I have a problem with the drive belt. You hear weird funny what that might be?
thank you in advance for your answer.

Pull the cover and start, to see where it’s coming from. Remove belt and start to see where it’s coming from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone, so I installed the Speed Werx clutch upgrade kit. It does what it says and you feel the improved acceleration and shifting. I took it out for a run on the trails and was tiffing for an hour when an error popped up for over heating. It had never happened before. I pulled to the side and shut it down. Antifreeze was spewing out of the reservoir cap. Let it cool for 30 minutes, and restarted. I turned my display to show the temp as I road back home. The temp was regulating, so it seemed good. When I got back home and parked it I noticed the temp was climbing from 204 degrees while riding to 235 degrees parked. Is that normal? I’ve never paid much attention to the temp before now? Oils it be the results of the clutch upgrade? I was kind of hard on it before the over heating.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
I don’t think it’s related. Sounds like you got some air in the cooling system, I would bleed system and try again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Sal kitty. I didn’t think it was related but it was worth asking. Towed it home so I could figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
If it’s regulating between 190-204 it’s going to spike if you park it without letting it idle through that fan cycle. After a Hard ride I let it idle through the fan cycle then shut it off.

Reactions: dspete05
1 - 11 of 11 Posts