Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you guys think.....I am of the opinion that Adam dug a big hole in one of the sand piles and buried Wabbit....could only take so much....LOL LOL LOL
I am thinking this is why we have heard nothing out of either one of them.....Wabbit is in a NEW hole, and Adam is on the lamb!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
There is free internet service called Glamis Prepay over by the vendors and Glamis Beach Store area. You can pick it up all the way out to wash 2, maybe wash 3 if you use a high gain antenna or cantenna. I made a really good one out of a Pringles can once. It worked amazingly well!!

LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
First wildcat glamis ride

Just got home from glamis. Rode friday sat and this am. Totally impressed with suspension,although not sure of best shock settings. As regards power raced my buddies mechanically stock xp up the face of olds at least a dozen times. He has scat 8 hauler extremes with scat smoothies up front. I was running stock tires/wheels 5 psi rear 6 front. Would get 1-2 length lead thru the whoops. Then he would catch up and lead by 1-2 lengths at the top. Contrary to what was said on another thread a stock xp is not exactly flying at the top as it too is spinning all 4 as is the cat. I say with optimal sand tire combo the race is likely even.Plastic cap fell out of left engine side the first ride. Removed all netting after that also-too much rattling. Also could not see any functional reason to retain.Note this engine only requires 87 octane likely will come alive with timing/compression.Anyone else comment on the front springs on the second wave? Mine upper springs are fully compressed as we're those on two other cats I ran across.Finally had a temporary issue with the gear selector reading E on the speedo and not engaging. Went away after restarting. All in all very happy @ this point.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Springs have been discussed already. Good review.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was the 1st one to post the lose of side engine cap. I just got one Friday but looks wrong to me.Its all black rubber and I think mine was plastic and brushed alum look. I havent tried it yet either.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Its Black

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Just got home from glamis. Rode friday sat and this am. Totally impressed with suspension,although not sure of best shock settings. As regards power raced my buddies mechanically stock xp up the face of olds at least a dozen times. He has scat 8 hauler extremes with scat smoothies up front. I was running stock tires/wheels 5 psi rear 6 front. Would get 1-2 length lead thru the whoops. Then he would catch up and lead by 1-2 lengths at the top. Contrary to what was said on another thread a stock xp is not exactly flying at the top as it too is spinning all 4 as is the cat. I say with optimal sand tire combo the race is likely even.Plastic cap fell out of left engine side the first ride. Removed all netting after that also-too much rattling. Also could not see any functional reason to retain.Note this engine only requires 87 octane likely will come alive with timing/compression.Anyone else comment on the front springs on the second wave? Mine upper springs are fully compressed as we're those on two other cats I ran across.Finally had a temporary issue with the gear selector reading E on the speedo and not engaging. Went away after restarting. All in all very happy @ this point.
thank baldy

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Ok so now this guy says it climbs fine compared to an XP. Can it be the demo ride ones have sucky clutching versus the final production units?????

·
Registered
137 Posts
just back from glamis also I did not find Adam or rabbit just a bunch of xp with paddles going up china wall ,I really wanted a wildcat but now I'm not to sure

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just waiting for the report on how the WCD made it up the hill.

You figure you at least need to put a few grand into the XP's shocks right away. Sort of a wash.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I talked to Adam via text a few times a day ago. He drove out from Mississippi and said it was worth the drive. He enjoyed the mountain scenery.

I didn't ask for any details but someone he was with broke a crank on a new Wildcat. I don't know any details but he says it was a NA motor. I am a bit surprised to hear this since I have a few thousand miles on my Turbo XTZ motor and never had a problem with the crank. It is a weak link for us forced induction guys that want to run more boost since it is a 3 piece crank but I didn't expect to see a new Wildcat brake one that quick. I am sure Adam will fill us in when he has time.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts