Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to add a winch to my 2018 Double x, how do you folks have them mounted to your machine. Pictures would be great.

·
Administrator
27,592 Posts
PM sand_duner, if he doesn't see this. I ride with him in Glamis. He has a nice set-up, and can probably give you some advice. Good luck.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I made a custom mount with scrap from the shop. Up high & outside the grill for easy access. The diagonal round bars below work great for hooking back to when using a snatch block.

IMG_2859.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a winch plate from 775fabrication.com. It fits perfect and Is heavy duty. I'm installing a Warn VRX 45-S. The winch is a little bigger than I though, lol. It's a tight fit. I'm having to reroute the aluminum radiator pipe because it is in the way. I'll post a pic when completed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I bought a winch plate from 775fabrication.com. It fits perfect and Is heavy duty. I'm installing a Warn VRX 45-S. The winch is a little bigger than I though, lol. It's a tight fit. I'm having to reroute the aluminum radiator pipe because it is in the way. I'll post a pic when completed.
The Warn VRX 45-S has done me well so far. Definitely an improvement from the last generation.

Reactions: Ragdoll XX

·
Registered
16 Posts
XX winch

I'm wanting to add a winch to my 2018 Double x, how do you folks have them mounted to your machine. Pictures would be great.
I investigated adding a winch to my XX and ultimately decided on a Super Winch 2 Go and I'm glad I did. I can hook up this winch in a box to the front, back or side of the WW and had to a couple of weeks ago when I backed into a deep hole. I pulled the rig sideways to level and was able to back out using the driver side wheels while the winch held me level. I would have been SOL with a front winch. Anyway it's what I decided to do instead of installing a winch on the front. FB In the hole front.jpg FB Winch in a box.jpg

·
Registered
328 Posts
Photo Jan 24, 2 02 06 PM.jpg Photo Jan 24, 2 02 37 PM.jpg

I used the D&P Performance mount

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Front-Bumper-Black_1800x1800.jpg This is the front bumper from Awesome off road, can a winch be mounted to it and do you think it would hold up to normal use.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went with the KFI Mount and the Elite 4500 with a black fairlead. Had to do some work with the Dremel tool to get it flush but all in all happy with install. It’s one of those things like the fire extinguisher, jack, spare belt, spare tire, tire plug kit, tow strap, snatch block, tool kit, etc. etc. you hope to never need but you better have it just in case. CD6B1FB9-EE06-4DCD-85BC-6F7A2D314E6F.jpeg 5E6AE2A2-3D5B-417B-A96F-4789693E7B91.jpeg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question about a KFI winch. I got one for my Double x and with the way it mounts the power yellow power post is so close to the headlight it can not be connected, has anyone ever rotated the motor end on a winch, can this be done without causing issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do remember it being close when I did the install but I was able to get it to work. Try installing the cable before dropping the winch in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do remember it being close when I did the install but I was able to get it to work. Try installing the cable before dropping the winch in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I put a small 3500 warn winch in front of my radiator also; behind the grill. But as it has been pointed out, it won't cover every situation this way. I have used it 4 times in 15 months. Since it is a small winch, I also use a pulley block. The other tool I have is an inflatable bag that inflates off the exhaust. Between the two, I'm pretty covered. You can always bury your spare if there are no attach points around, like sand. Most know these tricks, but some don't, so it is here for that purpose. I also carry extra straps, because you just never know.

The Winch 2 Go option looks pretty good though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the tip about burying the spare, never thought of that. I do carry a shovel so that could be an option for me if needed.
Im curious about this bag you speak of that fills from the exhaust, who makes these? Any forum advertisers here that sell the ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I suspect that most are made in china. I think the original company was from Australia. You can find them on Amazon and elsewhere. Most will also inflate with a compressor. Search using "exhaust air jack".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts