Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how tolerant Arctic Cat is to modifications to the Wildcat? This seems to be the frustration with any machine. Kind of hard to mess with anything if the warranty is voided due to the mod.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
It depends on what is stated in the warranty:

Magnuson-Moss act:

Further, under the act, aftermarket equipment that improves performance does not automatically void a vehicle manufacturer's original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle's warranty, or if it can be proven that the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Really depends on what your doing to it. I just always assume that if I modify it, the warranty is done. That way Im not upset if something happens.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Don't worry about it, keep all your stock parts, as long as you don't mess with the internal parts in your motor or clutch you can always take it to your garage and switch the parts back out. My theory anyway, what they don't know won't hurt them.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Really depends on what your doing to it. I just always assume that if I modify it, the warranty is done. That way Im not upset if something happens.
Don't worry about it, keep all your stock parts, as long as you don't mess with the internal parts in your motor or clutch you can always take it to your garage and switch the parts back out. My theory anyway, what they don't know won't hurt them.
Now there is quite a contrast.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Now there is quite a contrast.
Yeah its funny how the deception is justified. Its outright fraud and is illegal and jailable but its ok to perpetrate fraud on someone else but nobody wants to be defrauded themselves. Bernie Madoff would be proud. Wouldn't it be cool if your employer told you your insurance was going up by $100 a month but in reality they were just pocketing the money? Afterall, apparently what you don't know won't hurt you.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Trust Me They Allready Know Who Has Mods
They Just Show You The Pic From This Site Of Your Ride
Thats Allready Has A Date On It

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I have had a few Dodge diesel trucks with quite a few mods on them. My experience is that it comes down to the individual dealership as to their thoughts on modified vehicles. I never had any issues getting warranty work done on my trucks, but they worked on many modified vehicles from trucks to Vipers and everything in between. If a dealer wanted to be an ass, they could even try to claim that something as simple as paddle tires put unnecessary wear on your drivetrain and therefore they won't cover a particular claim. I think most good dealers understand that there are modifications done to most offroad vehicles. And the bottom line is that they are still getting paid for the warranty work. It behooves them to try and get things covered for you, rather than fight you on everything. Maybe Copper can chime in here and confirm or deny this. And even though they have to be able to show that your modification was the direct cause of your breakage, that can drag out for a year or more. I have seen it plenty of times. Which means you are on the hook to pay for the fix, or be without your vehicle until the case goes through all the mediation processes.............

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Dentless;16182 Maybe Copper can chime in here and confirm or deny this.[/QUOTE said:
As a life-long hotrodder, I know how it goes. We apply the common-sense principal. If someone is honest, hasn't butchered their machine, and the failure is clearly unrelated to mods, it's all good. If you run a race ECU and throw a rod, not so much. People have to take some responsibility when venturing into the world of mods.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
As a life-long hotrodder, I know how it goes. We apply the common-sense principal. If someone is honest, hasn't butchered their machine, and the failure is clearly unrelated to mods, it's all good. If you run a race ECU and throw a rod, not so much. People have to take some responsibility when venturing into the world of mods.
And nobody should expect anything less. You do get those dealers that don't want to do any warranty work on anything that has been modded in any way. They don't even take the time to diagnose whether or not the modification was to blame. Several of the big aftermarket companies for diesels such as Bullydog or Edge will actually fight for you if you have a claim. i don't think any of the UTV manufacturers are big enough for that yet. But sometimes even an aftermarket chip or ecu isn't responsible for engine failure. Its good see that some dealers will fully research the problem before casting blame though. Like I said, they still get paid for any warranty repairs, so its in their best interest to get to the bottom of it........

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I am under the impression that warranty work is performed at a much discounted rate to the dealer. Not lucrative by any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
508 Posts
When a manufacturer pays to warranty stuff that has broke due to being modified it just drives up the cost for the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Also, bear in mind that A-C pays exactly $0.00 diagnostic time. If it takes us an hour to figure out which part is an issue, and it takes 6 minutes to change, we get paid only for the 6 minutes. Diagnostic time, like most everything else in this industry, comes out of the dealer's hide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts