Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I would look at something like the Davies Craig pump and controller. There are some very real advantages to going electric, and allowing coolant temp to dictate coolant flow instead of being tied to engine RPM.

Reactions: Kurt968

·
Registered
180 Posts
I put the speed pump in about 2 months ago. I know there is atleast one other person on the forum that went the speed route too. My stock pump just fell apart while at the dealers during a test drive. The stock pump is a ticking time bomb.

But an electric pump is also an option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I too sold my 2019 wildcat xx due to very poor quality machine and zero customer support from my dealer and Textron themselves. Almost impossible to get parts for these machine from Textron. I truly believe the writing is on the wall for the arctic cat offroad division and will be sold again. Hopefully its bought by a company that cares about the customers and the arctic cat legacy.Best case scenario is that Yamaha buys the arctic cat offroad division..

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a Speed water pump upgrade but it was just put in. I have had zero issues on the Cat portion of the XX its all been the Yamaha power plant. I can say the same for my sleds as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would look at something like the Davies Craig pump and controller. There are some very real advantages to going electric, and allowing coolant temp to dictate coolant flow instead of being tied to engine RPM.
I just looked at the Davies pump, it looks like it is well proven for on road, steady rpm usage. I wonder how it does in high speed, rough , high vibration , off-road environments?

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
It is a very simple device, and has worked well for me in my race car. Far more RPM variation than a CVT side-by-side would EVER have, lots of vibration, a fairly hot environment, etc. I don't think it has seen spike-loads like it would in a side-by-side, but then again I did run up on curbs when that was the fast line.

If you are concerned about the plastic version, Davies Craig has one with a diecast pump body. Or use rubber mounts to isolate it from the chassis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts