Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was planning on ordering the Dasa Racing impeller. It doesn't appear to include any seals. Does anyone have insight on this? Do I need to order these separately?
I just looked up this DASA impeller. It's $250! The Speed kit is $500 but comes with everything you need to complete the job. I installed the speed kit. Happy so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed the Speed water pump this weekend. FYI, the directions kinda suck. They only explain on how to replace the guts of the pump and not much else. No torque specs listed so you will need to get the service manual or just guesstimate it. There is also a seal provided in the kit that isn't on their inventory sheet. Once I got the stock plastic impeller out, the seal looks like it goes on the back side of the stock impeller. When looking at parts schematics on various web sites, that seal isn't even listed. I think it comes with the impeller and shaft as an assembly. New one doesn't need it (I hope). Kinds scares me as I don't like to have left over parts. To do this job, here are some points I learned. You have to remove both rear tires and shocks. Water pump side is a no brainer but in order to pull the pump off of the engine you have to get the engine at TDC. So you have to turn the engine over and look at the alignment marks on the front/passenger side of the engine. Well, to do that you have to remove the RR wheel and the shock so you can remove the stupid ass cover that goes over the front of the engine and the alternator. Getting the clutches off wasn't too bad. The only special tool you will need is the Primary clutch puller. Hope this helps someone.
Has anyone found a video of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 XX and luckily have not had any overheating issues, but I am concerned about a water pump failure. I saw that speedwerx makes a self bleeding kit to prevent failures. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on it?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I’ll be ordering the speedwerx kit in the near future, sounds like they have that on their race cars, running stock impellers, and no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
In theory, you shouldn't need the Speedwerx bleed kit. But we all know shit happens, so having it is nice insurance just in case you lay it on its side.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a 2018 XX and luckily have not had any overheating issues, but I am concerned about a water pump failure. I saw that speedwerx makes a self bleeding kit to prevent failures. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on it?
I did my own version of the speedworx bleed kit, super easy 30-45min job approx $50.
Two 1/4" barbed TEEs, 10ft of 1/4" heater hose, 6 hose clamps.
(2) Gates 1/4 Inch Tee (T) Hose Connector # 28631 $3.30ea
(1) 10ft 1/4"ID heater hose (up to $30)
(6) hose clamps (up to $2ea) $12

Easy install.
1. cut line at tank, install tee, connect end of new hose
2. run heater hose thru tunnel on passenger side to passenger side of engine
3. remove bed, find the heater hose line at top of head (just behind injector), cut line, install tee, connect end of new hose
4. check fluid level and run engine to temp, look for leaks, fill reservoir as needed

21 - 26 of 26 Posts