Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of wax do you like, and why?

I had a black BMW 750iL a while back and a friend suggested I use Zaino products on it. I read up on it and it turns out to be very popular stuff on the show car circuit. After using Zaino, we realized the black paint had a very deep gold metallic paint job on it, which wasn't visible before, because the detailers who had always detailed it previously used easy but lower quality wax.

The cool thing about Zaino is it can remove swirls in black paint and after it's initially applied and the paint is clean, polished, etc. it's an easy spray on- wipe off type of deal to keep the paint looking wet all of the time.

I'm not sure if it will help keep dust off of it, but we'll see. I swore off black cars after the BMW, but the WC sure looks great in black, so that's what I bought!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good Old Turtle:D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The best part about this thread is I sent copper a pm today asking if he had my second coat of wax done, he said he just got done spraying the krylon.:(

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Somehow "waxing the wildcat" seemed like code for something else to me. Most people use some lotion and a tissue.........

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The best part about this thread is I sent copper a pm today asking if he had my second coat of wax done, he said he just got done spraying the krylon.:(

Well hell, I better go pick that thing up tomorrow before he really screws that thing up!

:p

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have never waxed an off road vehicle, only street.

Same here. So far, I've had nothing worth waxing.

However, I saw that pic of Johnny's black one, and it looked so good nice and clean, it made me think about it. I figured I'd ask to se if anyone had heard of anything, especially anything that would not attract dust.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I normally use that Wax as You Dry stuff on my Prowler and ATV as both of them have automotive style paint on them. It's not good wax but it makes it shine and it makes it a little easier to clean the next time.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Zaino is too pricey for an offroad toy in my opinion. I'll use a good carnauba wax paste from Mother's. A polish before the wax will bring out the same shine as the Z. Just one more application is all. There are some good synthetics out there as well these days.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zaino is too pricey for an offroad toy in my opinion. I'll use a good carnauba wax paste from Mother's. A polish before the wax will bring out the same shine as the Z. Just one more application is all. There are some good synthetics out there as well these days.

Well, the stuff is so concentrated, a couple of sprays or one dab will probably do the entire thing. I'm just looking for suggestions to keep the dust down on a black vehicle.

Maybe I'll just have to drive faster. LOL

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I use Adams polishes on everything I own. I've had the best luck with his products. He's in COlorado but you get it online.

I'll look into it! Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
So....since I was planning on using the 4 day I'm off this week to work on putting the radios, whips, etc on the wildcat and it hasn't shown up yet I've been forced to detail the Tahoe. Hoping to use the skills on the wildcat but just reminded me of how great Adam's Polishes products really are. I have an 05 black Tahoe and the paint has never looked so good after the detail today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts