Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all honesty, the paddle tires on the WC are probably worse than just airing down the stock tires. They are cheap and heavy. And the XP had an aftermarket exhaust. You can see where WC pulls on the XP through the woops at the bottom, but that's about it. I'll have to post out in the next comment since I have to have at least 5 posts...

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i have a xp aftermarket exhaust do not help the xp on power the cheap paddle are better then the stock tires and ride nicer

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Ive seen this before and keep on coming back to...WTF is that tool doing to the left of that drag race?

I think someone mentioned that's a turbo XP that is giving them a running start

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The WC didn't even make it up the hill. I think the backshift problem with the stock clutch is the culprit here. I ended up buying a rzr s to tide me over through the summer and until I get my sandrail sold. If the clutch is the only real thing holding this thing back then I'll be a buyer next fall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gang,

I was in the group that shot this video. Yes the WC did not compete with the XP. You can say it beat it through the woops, but really did not make a difference, if it can't make it up the hill. By the way, the guy on the left that pulled into the race, was a turbo Rzr S. Very fast machine. Keeps up with XP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As with any SxS marketed so far, the Wildcat is not perfect...AC did not hit home run that was expected by many. IMO, People are delusional to believe the WC could be perfect everywhere. Sorry, I've just never seen a product that is perfect for everyone, with anything. The problem is that our expectations differ widely. However, in saying that, the WC certainly isn't a slouch either. I really believe that if we like it, nothing should keep us from buying one. The aftermarket is always great at eventually filling in for the shortsightedness of the manufacturer. It won't be long and this problem will be resolved.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Gang,

I was in the group that shot this video. Yes the WC did not compete with the XP. You can say it beat it through the woops, but really did not make a difference, if it can't make it up the hill. By the way, the guy on the left that pulled into the race, was a turbo Rzr S. Very fast machine. Keeps up with XP.

I can fix that.

Just put the finish line 5 ft after the end of the whoops. LOL

Reactions: Foxfire

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i wanna know if that race was before or after the clutch on the wildcat was tinkered with?

·
Registered
46 Posts
As with any SxS marketed so far, the Wildcat is not perfect...AC did not hit home run that was expected by many. IMO, People are delusional to believe the WC could be perfect everywhere. Sorry, I've just never seen a product that is perfect for everyone, with anything. The problem is that our expectations differ widely. However, in saying that, the WC certainly isn't a slouch either. I really believe that if we like it, nothing should keep us from buying one. The aftermarket is always great at eventually filling in for the shortsightedness of the manufacturer. It won't be long and this problem will be resolved.

Well said. Like some guys have mentioned, they've put 4-5 grand in the suspension on their RzR XP. You can gain more power than you need for half of that with the WildCat and have the same 5 grand suspension stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dune 99% of the time and a machine this heavy will never perform well in the dunes with @60 HP. To get the power needed to perform better than other SxS's requires a bunch of motor work or a turbo; either of these options will cost 4-5 grand easily. Sure, the aftermarket will eventually resolve this problem but it will cost us far more than a AC solution out-of-the-box. $18K + $5k. Thats is a big pile of money for this machine.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I dune 99% of the time and a machine this heavy will never perform well in the dunes with @60 HP. To get the power needed to perform better than other SxS's requires a bunch of motor work or a turbo; either of these options will cost 4-5 grand easily. Sure, the aftermarket will eventually resolve this problem but it will cost us far more than a AC solution out-of-the-box. $18K + $5k. Thats is a big pile of money for this machine.
Have you actually weighed them to see the true difference? Don't bother quoting the factory listed weight either, those are notoriously speculative.

I will submit that the XP which is also working with 60 horses at the wheels is just as heavy or not heavier than the Wildcat once you add doors, an aftermarket cage, a roof, LED lights and on and on and on. So your assertion that the 60 horses at the wheel for the weight is the deal breaker is somewhat baseless. If I am wrong please demonstrate how. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
$16,599 here out the door not 18K

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have a xp aftermarket exhaust do not help the xp on power the cheap paddle are better then the stock tires and ride nicer
Not entirely so brother. Too heavy a tire and wrong paddle config can rob more performance than a air'd down set of knobbies. Just my experiance, YMMV. The right set of paddles vs the wrong set can be the differance between night and day. With that being said, it would be interesting to see the actual differance a set of 8 or maybe 9 paddle Skat trak extreme haulers on DWT wheels would make. Thats probably as light a tire/wheel combo you could get (less rotating mass). I know Dave at FSS could tell us.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts