Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't think he finalized the build yet, but there is a wet clutch delete in Donkey's cat. I don't want to/can't steal their thunder, but tires jacked up off the ground it hit 90 on the speedo. That of course is no friction from the road, but still, DAMMMMNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! Sounds like the WCD is pretty NASTY badass, Donkey says it pulls hard as hell, a very definite difference from stock. The dyno HP argument won't be settled until tomorrow morning because they can't go to the dyno tonight. I am sure Airdam will be on later to update with the technical stuff, but Donkey assures me I will need this clutch delete setup :yessir:

Oh yah, and the speed limiter is the clutch, not the ECU btw.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
do mine next!! oh wait, i aint got it yet...:31:

·
Registered
686 Posts
yep with the overall larger diameter of the Wet Clutch Delete, you can gain a taller gear ratio than the stock setup, giving a higher MPH. the speed limit is not in the ECU, it is limited by the clutch, the clutch will only close so far, giving the belt "X" amount of gear ratio, untill the engine runs up and hits the rev limiter. by building the clutches so that they close more, allowing the belt to run higher in the primary and lower in the secondary we are able to hit lots more MPH. unloaded we ran it up to 92mph @ 7300RPM, this means at the 7550 rev limiter we have the gear ratio high enough to hit 98-99mph. the engine wont pull this kinda MPH, the engine is just not strong enough for it, i suspect we shall see in the 80s fairly easily from as strong as it feels. this means for turbo guys, when you get a 120+hp setup and actually have the power to pull the taller gear ratios, we will start seeing 100mph wildcats.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I knew Red had hidden info, hot damn man, I need a drink......:tounge-in-cheek:

·
Registered
416 Posts
SO, it sounds like the top end solution for the drag racing crowd is covered, but what about the low end torque solution for the duners? Will there be options to pull more torque from the WCD setup?

·
Registered
686 Posts
untill i am a vendor i can not openly give soliciting information about the work that i can do.

but to answer a few questions, no we dont lose ANY bottom end with any setup we build. we can gain lower gear ratios, as well as gain taller gear ratios on the same clutch. on the stock clutches, we can gain about 18% lower gear ratio over stock by machining the primary to allow the belt to drop lower in the primary and higher in the secondary, AS WELL AS, machine the clutches to allow them to close more in order to push the belt higher in the primary and lower in the secondary to gain top speeds on the same clutch. you gain low end, and top speeds by building the clutch right. on top of that you can lighten the clutches to allow the engine to rev faster and respond quicker, and tune it to do other things as well. for big mud tire guys we can change the shiftout rate of the clutch to hold the clutch in its lower and midrange gear longer to pull the bigger tires better in heavy load situations. for guys who run a buffed light 6 paddle tire, machining the clutches and lightening them up will significantly improve acceleration and engine and throttle response giving you faster holeshots and quicker acceleration. i got everything there is to know about a cat clutch up in my knoggin and have made a business outta building clutch setups to meet each persons needs, rather than design a "kit" that appeals to most. there are many stages of work that can be done to the cat clutches, along with manipulating the angles of the sheaves, fixed plate, rollers, and helix angles that can significantly change the clutches characteristics and by tweaking certain things there are ways to build a clutch to do exactly what each owner wants outta his machine.

i know a guy that can:
build a setup just for drag racing = EASY as cake
build a setup for technical rock crawlers = so easy
build a setup for duners who want best backshifting and fastest acceleration = second nature
build a setup for running big mud tires = my specialty
build a setup for GNCC racers = gotcha covered
build a setup to allow the wildcat to skim the water = not quite there yet, need some time out on the water but can make it happen if i have a weekend.

made this commander skim with about 3 hours worth of work! if a 1900LB commander can do it, i can make a wildcat do it, but just to let you know, skimming a UTV is not as easy as it looks.

skip to 0:36

·
Registered
416 Posts
Then it sounds like it will be possible to reach top speed in the low to mid 80's and still have the ability to pull hard out of corners when your speed drops to 15-20. I appreciate the information you are sharing here, I had no idea there was that many options in a clutch.

·
Registered
686 Posts
yes of course. lower gear ratios on the bottom end, for super hard and aggressive launches, and amazing midrange, plus more top speeds on the top end.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Great job!

Ooohhh, this just gets better and better! I thought there might be some more acceleration hidden in that crazy clutch setup, but this is better than I expected! And this is without even touching the engine! Imagine what a little engine work, plus a little clutch work will do to these things!

I think there are going to be some Rzr S owners and Rzr XP owners that are going to be greener than the paint on the sides of the WC!

Great job Adam! :anbet:

Reactions: Foxfire and pawnman

·
Registered
686 Posts
i gotta get more seat time and vids to prove it, but in stock form, the WC out accelerates a 900XP on my 300ft strip, but looks like the 900XP comes around the WC on the 1/4 mile by 2mph. tomorrow will be the test, to see what the WC runs like after some clutch work.

after the WCD, i just made a short pass here at the shop, and reached 41mph in 150ft. thats wicked rolling and i mean it! tomorrow we will put the WCD/WC on the strip and see what she really does

1 - 20 of 32 Posts