Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went down to Donkey's place to f around a bit. The WCD was being a little noisy and I was in the area, so I hit his shop away from the shop. We took a peak inside the clutch, didn't see much going on, bolted it back together, double checked nuts and bolts, and went for a late night spin. Totally forgot how fast this thing is on pavement. Hit a little straight away between S corners on some back roads. 80 mph with me and him (both 200+ lb guys), still accelerating when I shut it down because I ran out of road. So smooth, so fast, so fun. And oh yeah, best stock head lights I have ever seen. They are simply amazing.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
"being a little noisy". That doesn't sound good. What's up?
I won't speak for Adam, but I know he is at the Glamis "Test & Tune" with Jackrabbit. Here is my guess: If you have ever heard a Ducati, which are also 90 degree twins, idling, you would hear their dry-clutch(fairly unique in street bikes)rattle like mad. It is due to the power pulses of the 90 degree engine. So I would guess it is simply the primary rattling to the unmistakable L-Twin beat. If I am wrong Adam will tell us so!

·
Registered
415 Posts
what helix do you have and what your engagement and how does it back shift does it run at 6900 adam has mine right now glad to here that it runs better

·
Registered
945 Posts
80 MPH w/2 two hundred + lb guys in it.....Out standing!! I thank you for the report, Red!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know what springs or weights are in the primary or secondary. Adam was going to let me know after his Glamis trip if I should change anything. As for the noise, I think it's just lack of belt tension, because it goes away instantly when you rev it. It's not terrible, but just be prepared to hear it if you do the WCD. Adam said it will quiet down some once the belt seats in the new primary.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think it would depend on what the issue was.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think he means with the warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts