Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leave the F-N thing alone the wet clutch is better anyway. Why would AC go to all the trouble to put a wet clutch in the thing if they didn't think it was BETTER it cost more for a wet clutch.

GET IT!

I love the smoooooooth clutch engagement and I hated the herky jerky engagement of my RZR

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I heard you the first time bud, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The stock primary is horrible. Pull it off and take a look. Anyways this will get sorted out. Enjoy the ride;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
JackRabbit, I for one am thankful for you going out to find a way to make this cat the best it can be. It is important for me to be able to go anywhere and any place on the dunes and be able to keep up and not have to short track my riding. It may be just fine to be stock for some but for me MO POWER MO BETTER!!!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard you the first time bud, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The stock primary is horrible. Pull it off and take a look. Anyways this will get sorted out. Enjoy the ride;)
New guys on this subject this guy is the poster child of what not to do.

Just look at the shit he's going through.

From what have seen in my 250 miles of hard riding this is an awesome machine (way way better than any Polaris) and Arctic Cat is not going to let us down.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
What am I going through? You seem more upset than I am? Are you having a bad day lol? I already posted what happened anyone can read it. It will be fixed one way or another I am not worried about it. I would rather try something and see what happens every now and then instead of sitting on the fence throwing rocks:rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What am I going through? You seem more upset than I am? Are you having a bad day lol? I already posted what happened anyone can read it. It will be fixed one way or another I am not worried about it. I would rather try something and see what happens every now and then instead of sitting on the fence throwing rocks:rolleyes:
No..... I'm just trying to be logical and helpful to others.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Scheuch, take a deep breath, man! People enter this sport for many different reasons. People have widely different priorities. I was once a wild-eyed modifier and was only too happy to be on the bleeding edge, breaking stuff along the way. Now, I stay a whole lot closer to stock. I have posted before that for most folks, myself included, I view the wet clutch as an advantage. You have to understand, however, that for the maximum possible performance, it is quite an obstacle. Adam is a heckuva clutch tuner, and he offered a way to eliminate the wet clutch for those that felt it is important. If it needs changing I am sure he will figure it out. He is a smart feller. Most importantly, don't belittle someone else to justify your position. The wagon moves much more easily when everyone is pushing in the same direction. Go easy!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
There was no logic in that post, read more like opinion. Just like mine is to get rid of the wet clutch. To each their own, but you should really look at that primary;) If nobody ever tried anything new think how long it would take people to learn. I respect your opinion to hide in a closet as long as things work for you, but you really shouldn't shoot in the dark:rolleyes:

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
~Winston Churchill

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Rabbit, There may be a way that you can fix your parts...and maybe have a better set-up!! If You can get a qualified welder to build up the end of your crankshaft (tig welded) from behind the threads to the shoulder behind the splines. I'd be happy to grind a taper on the crankshaft and the corresponding taper on the ID of the WCD hub. The benefit of the taper is that now you can use the threads on the crankshaft to "lock"
everything together. I've been doing this kind of stuff for years...If you pay for the shipping and welding I'd be willing to contribute a couple hours of my time! Throw in a bottle of Jack...and I'll expedite it!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Did you really just ask me to give up a bottle of Jack......I can not believe you went there......

I'll shoot ya a pm:D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
More ideas, I love it. Something good will come of this I am just not sure what yet:}

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well....... I have read nothing on this forum but how stupid Arctic Cat's choice to use a wet clutch was.

Personally I am very impressed with the Wild Cat engineering team, how they haven't cut corners and gone the extra mile.

I am thinkin these guys are a lot smarter than any of us posting here.

Just mater of time before we see a SuperCat or maybe a DunePro (kind of like there MudPro)

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Well....... I have read nothing on this forum but how stupid Arctic Cat choose to use a wet clutch was.
Personally I am very impressed with the Wild Cat engineering team, how they haven't cut corners and gone the extra mile.

Just mater of time before we see a SuperCat or maybe a DunePro (kind of like there MudPro)
If they were so smart they would have put the Z1 in the Wildcat right from the start.

Everyone knows something, nobody knows everything.

Jus cuz we be meer in-tar-net mon-kees in yore ii's dunt meen we dunt no a thang er too arselfs.

:p

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Well....... I have read nothing on this forum but how stupid Arctic Cat choose to use a wet clutch was.

And the "DunePro" will most certainly have a different clutch than the one you seem to love so much. It's a proven fact that the current clutch does not work for sand hill climbing. Just because the Wildcat is 'perfect' for you does not mean it is right for the sand guys.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Scheuch if AC is so smart why did they put those crappy tires on that you changed? They surely know more about tires than any of us.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts