Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Product Text Font Document Label Brass Metal Copper Pipe Auto part I found the piece we need to fix the crank problem. Put this spline on the crank where the wet clutch goings and tighten it down with the nut. Then fix the delete part to fit over the bigger splines. Bigger splines will not strip out as easy. Will take more hp. WISHED I HAD A MACHINE SHOP. I WOULD HAVE FIX IN A DAY AND PROABLY GET RICH IN THE PROCESS.

Reactions: wildone

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish red would have seen this idea.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am fixing red's WCD. This would not really solve the probem. You are still placing two metals together with different strength properties. This was the birth of airdams problems.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Putting a spline on the crank like the stock clutch and tightening it up with the stock nut fixes the problem. Will not stripe the crank. Then you will have a bigger and better spline to slide the wcd on to. No problem. Its fixed and a lot lighter. And the best part is you can take it off and put stock wet clutch back on for the warranty if need to. Why is that so hard to understand

·
Registered
47 Posts
I get what you saying. It is really hard working inside the housing on the WC. There is so little room to do much. If you could move everything out from motor a couple of inches I am sure this work fine. As it is now, when all is together the with the wet clutch the nut that is on the end of the crack is actually inside the the back of the wet clutch drum. The stock splines are not the problem. It's all in the design.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And you would all so need a carrier rod on the out side of the cv tech clutch like the stock one. It slides in the out side cover to help support the it from pulling the clutch back to the primary.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hey Tennessee
Are you still running the silverbacks? How are they doing for you? Is the widlcat holding up ok with them? What differnce in power and speed do you notice with the big tires? I am considering puting them on next week.
Thanks JB

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey tennessee
are you still running the silverbacks? How are they doing for you? Is the widlcat holding up ok with them? What differnce in power and speed do you notice with the big tires? I am considering puting them on next week.
Thanks jb
i never had silverbacks. I just found the pic of one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts