Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No luck. Same issue this evening.
The only other idea I have is the following.

If clearing the cache on Tapatalk has not worked, try unfollowing the forum on Tapatalk, force closing Tapataalk, clear cache again, then reopen Tapatalk, follow the community and try logging in again.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yup, we lost aprox.1/2 our members to the not so simple password update a few years back now this..:rolleyes:
Can you tell me what you don’t like about it? Is there anything I can help you find?

Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
646 Posts
The only other idea I have is the following.

If clearing the cache on Tapatalk has not worked, try unfollowing the forum on Tapatalk, force closing Tapataalk, clear cache again, then reopen Tapatalk, follow the community and try logging in again.

- Cricket
I unfollowed, signed out, uninstalled, reinstalled, then signed in. We'll see what this does.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
My bookmark for this page is "new posts"
"new posts" is not new posts apparently since "popular posts" brings up newer posts than "new posts"

Also, "Show Full Signature" is bullshit! Show the damn signature as default. It's the only thing you have left to distinguish you from the competition.

Facebook groups are already taking all your traffic and all you are doing is driving us away with stupid decisions

·
Administrator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My bookmark for this page is "new posts"
"new posts" is not new posts apparently since "popular posts" brings up newer posts than "new posts"
When you click on NEW, the default is for new UNREAD posts. Popular, is similar to active topics.

Also, "Show Full Signature" is bullshit! Show the damn signature as default. It's the only thing you have left to distinguish you from the competition.
Each member can choose within their preferences if they want to view full signatures or not. :)

How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Can you tell me what you don’t like about it? Is there anything I can help you find?

Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it.

- Cricket
I guess I've been a mechanic for too many years, if it's not broke don't fix it. The site is yours to do with as you as you please. Maybe I will find time to navigate it with ease after I finish learning another 4-5 more programs for the CNC plaz world.

·
Administrator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I guess I've been a mechanic for too many years, if it's not broke don't fix it. The site is yours to do with as you as you please. Maybe I will find time to navigate it with ease after I finish learning another 4-5 more programs for the CNC plaz world.
Unfortunately, not changing it wasn't an option.

We understand that there are some inherent changes in moving from vBulletin to Xenforo. However, vBulletin’s infrastructure does not provide the flexibility to be able to provide additional improvements. Continuing on that platform without the ability to maintain a better experience for all of you is just not an option moving forward. We know you expect and deserve continuous improvements over time.

In the past, we have upgraded more slowly. Unfortunately, this became technically difficult and often times would break other features when updates were attempted. Making the bigger investment now in the new platform sets us up to respond faster to your feedback moving forward.

Your security and data are extremely important to us. Modern software and upgrading systems are critical to keep us advanced in providing a better and more secure experience for you to share content. Not updating the software would have made that increasingly difficult over time as other technology advances.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you find. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
558 Posts
Two of my main complaints/issues are:
1. Lost my Subscribed threads. I don't recall specifically every sub. I had, so it would be difficult to go back and "Bookmark" all of them. This should have been an easy thing to migrate over!
2. Some type of "icon" on our avatar on each thread we have responded to, like the old system had. I'm often short on time, so I like to view new posts in threads I have posted in.

My other two forums that migrated over had no solutions to these issues. I believe "Cricket" has replied to both of them as well, so they apparently have the same technician team for ALL of the Xenforo forums.

·
Administrator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lost my Subscribed threads. I don't recall specifically every sub. I had, so it would be difficult to go back and "Bookmark" all of them. This should have been an easy thing to migrate over!
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

Some type of "icon" on our avatar on each thread we have responded to, like the old system had. I'm often short on time, so I like to view new posts in threads I have posted in.
Depending on your preference settings, this can be accomplished.

Step One: Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

- Cricket

·
Registered
558 Posts
That did help, thank you.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I unfollowed, signed out, uninstalled, reinstalled, then signed in. We'll see what this does.

Well, it seems like the uninstall was the trick as it appears to be working now. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Ahem brother, me too and I agree!!! I've been slowly figuring out the new format, but I don't like change either. If it was needed, then so be it. I'll still be here as often as I can either way. The friends I've made on here are worth the effort!!

·
Administrator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ahem brother, me too and I agree!!! I've been slowly figuring out the new format, but I don't like change either. If it was needed, then so be it. I'll still be here as often as I can either way. The friends I've made on here are worth the effort!!
Let me know if I can help you find anything. I am here to help.

- Cricket

·
Registered
646 Posts
Couple of issues:
  1. The site went down :(
  2. I had a hell of a time finding this thread to ask about item 3. I remember seeing a Participated In button somewhere, but I can't seem to find that now. I just found the Filters box which I think will be handy in the future.
  3. Any way to get the option to use color in our posts and signature back? I had some colors in my signature that I liked, but when I updated my signature, it wiped out the color.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Administrator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Couple of issues:
  1. The site went down :(
  2. I had a hell of a time finding this thread to ask about item 3. I remember seeing a Participated In button somewhere, but I can't seem to find that now. I just found the Filters box which I think will be handy in the future.
  3. Any way to get the option to use color in our posts and signature back? I had some colors in my signature that I liked, but when I updated my signature, it wiped out the color.
There were some issues yesterday that should be resolved now.

Is this what you are looking for?

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

For now, the developers started with basic formatting in the text editor. One of the challenges with color options is that it is often not readable in both light and dark mode.

- Cricket

·
Registered
646 Posts
There it is! I guess it just didn't make sense to me because I wasn't following (thinking of subscribed) to this thread so I didn't look there..

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
disregard below...as it is showing the same size now...

how do we change the font size in the signature section?...i can't seem to find it and one of my machines item's font is much larger than the rest...and it was fine before the change over...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts