Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOADED UP, went to Sabine atv park in burkville TX, trails riding was awesome, deceptively fast ,thought Id have to let off the gas no,the faster you go the better it handled!!!!!! Amazing!!!!! I did race a xp 900 on a long stretch of sandy river bank, I don't know if there were any mods other than wheels and tires,he had what looked like 29.5 terminators,he got about a 4-5 bike better launch,cause of me spinning the stock tires,he did have 2 inches of tread ,but now the better,I was constantly gaining on him! By the end of what seemed to be little short of a 1/4 mile run ,he did win by a link, what was worse after feeling bad after the drag race I decide to go and make a couple of high speed passes, I get back and wonder why everybody is starring, The cat has 8inch flames coming out of the exhaust, wouldn't go out either wasted two beers before one of my friends gave me I big bottle of water,It would have melted the whole bike if not caught so early ,it was Hot! Over all love it the washing was way easier than my old s less nooks and crannies ,easier to get to . I got to the point that I was tired of following all the other bike because the speed was to slow,the cat begs to be hammered, oh yea once on top of the sand the bike was great it was like I was floating !

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i think i am gonna run mine in short bursts and let sit and cool down, let that muffler burn off slower, thats the second post about mufflers flaming! wow! scary

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well during the break in ,I took it easy and it just smoked, thought it would be ok because the smoking stopped! Glad I bought it!

·
Vendor
508 Posts
I decide to go and make a couple of high speed passes, I get back and wonder why everybody is starring, The cat has 8inch flames coming out of the exhaust, wouldn't go out either wasted two beers before one of my friends gave me I big bottle of water,It would have melted the whole bike if not caught so early ,it was Hot!
Ours did the same, not good...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got to the point that I was tired of following all the other bike because the speed was to slow,the cat begs to be hammered, oh yea once on top of the sand the bike was great it was like I was floating ![/QUOTE]

Sorry man I dont get it you got bored because you were following slow bikes os because the cat was slow??
also the fire thing is a one time epidode during break-in or you think during the fisrt time you really got in the gas
My question is because in the dunes you dont have to be racing to demand a lot of the engine enough to make it very hot
thanks for the report

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ours did the same, not good...
So that's 2 that we know of, just in our forum community, I'm thinking you 2 are fire extinguisher dealers......

No, really, but while I'm mounting my 4 light bars, paddles, and seat belts, I will definitely be mounting a fire extinguisher, or just carrying it in my lap for the first 3 hours of driving. I refuse to break it in easy.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Vendor
508 Posts
So that's 2 that we know of, just in our forum community, I'm thinking you 2 are fire extinguisher dealers......

No, really, but while I'm mounting my 4 light bars, paddles, and seat belts, I will definitely be mounting a fire extinguisher, or just carrying it in my lap for the first 3 hours of driving. I refuse to break it in easy.

Thanks for sharing.
For what it's worth, I do recommend an on board fire extinguisher, but we put ours out instantly just by starting the engine and blowing it out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
XP's catch on fire too!!!!!!
Glad you are enjoying your new toy!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was bored with the slow drivers on the trail,the cat like speed,that's where u feel the suspension work best, it was fun because I kept getting tense before 2 foot bumps and ruts for no reason!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I kept thinking a 2 ft bump was gonna launch me like a ramp,but it just absorbed it!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

Thanks for sharing.
Actually the "cup holders" in the Wildcat, are really for fire extinguishers!! :pat:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The cupholders are much better than the xps. Buddy had a 52 ounce quick trip cup in one through all the crap it never came out not even once. I would feel really comfortable with a fire extinguisher there lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The cup holders work so well,sometimes I squish my beer can getting it out!

·
Registered
205 Posts
So the fire thing is a one time to burn all the chemicals inside the exhaust from being new or you think is going to happen again????

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think its a one time thing,will let u know.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
So the fire thing is a one time to burn all the chemicals inside the exhaust from being new or you think is going to happen again????
Probably gonna happen every ride at least once. Flames are so cool.......................

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
At least a pic of a 5 foot flame shooting out of the pipe at night with some majestic mountains in the background, and a topless girl in the passenger seat would be greatly appreciated.................

1 - 20 of 33 Posts