Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weighed my 27.5" Pitbull Rockers today. WOW. Came in at 43.08 lbs, no rims. These are some HEAVY tires. They are also the most gnarly tread design I've ever seen. They are the 8 ply Ubers. Needless to say, I'll be leaving them behind for my trip to the dunes this weekend. I cannot wait, however to get these things on the Rubicon.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I like Pitbulls but they are very heavy. You will like them on the Rubicon though. Personally I think the Growlers are superior to the Rockers, but the Rockers will work well too. You will get good service out of the Pitbulls they are a quality built product, you can tell that when you lay eyes and hands on them and especially after some usage. When you get on the Rubicon air them down to around 6 or 7 pounds so they can flex and bite, you will be amazed.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The tire choice has been kind of a dilemma for me...it's obvious that the stock tires won't work. I've been considering a 14" SSR Super Swamper radial. You can get them in a 27.5 x 9.5 x 14". I like the tight lugs. The bias ply weighs 31lbs and the radials weigh in at 37lbs! Still undecided!

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Bicycle part Auto part

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tire choice has been kind of a dilemma for me...it's obvious that the stock tires won't work. I've been considering a 14" SSR Super Swamper radial. You can get them in a 27.5 x 9.5 x 14". I like the tight lugs. The bias ply weighs 31lbs and the radials weigh in at 37lbs! Still undecided!

View attachment 1695
Hey wild, those look like the TRX's? I had those on my FJ. SOFT compound. Tx, my buddy got the growlers and I have the rockers. Great way to compare the two. I really like my Jeep growlers but they sure did chunk off easy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I weighed my 27.5" Pitbull Rockers today. WOW. Came in at 43.08 lbs, no rims. These are some HEAVY tires. They are also the most gnarly tread design I've ever seen. They are the 8 ply Ubers. Needless to say, I'll be leaving them behind for my trip to the dunes this weekend. I cannot wait, however to get these things on the Rubicon.
I put the 26.5 Rockers on mine and so far I love them. I don't do any dune riding so the weight isn't an issue for me. All my riding is rough rocky trails and a lot of hill climbs and a combo of the two. As gnarly as the tread is, they still allow the back end to kick out when you want it to. Smooth as silk on the pavement as well.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Sharpe looking Wheels & Tires There RPM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts