Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like thsi thing is a little piggy at 1305 lbs dry weight. They have it on the site.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heck what does ac have that isnt on the heavy side. Even the lil 450 is pretty heavy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read that the cat would have to make 97+hp to be the same as the xp with that kinda weight.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I read that the cat would have to make 97+hp to be the same as the xp with that kinda weight.
I'm calculating it would need around 102 hp to match the XP power to weight ratio. Need to know the wheel HP to know for sure though.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Since it already has power steering and doors I would say the weight is about right.

It is only 115 lbs over the XP . . . . . add power steering to the XP and doors . . . ..

Close enough.

The math says 96 horses is dead equal to the XP power to weight.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
90 inch wheelbase, that sold me right there. I knew it looked longer than an XP but now we know. I think the dimentions are right on target.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Weighs more than the commander! With the design of it I really expected it to be around 1100-1200 lbs.
Well then shorten it up, remove the power steering and the doors, and kill off that spectacular suspension. Those huge shocks have to weigh something along with all that steel in the suspension.

I am sure you will be under the Commander and XP weight then since we are talking only 100 pounds diff in this and an XP. You will have the best frame on another also-ran machine, but you will be light. Kinda defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pfft whats 100lbs compared to the horsepower differences? It's about 12" longer than the XP. Most people I know bought power steering and doors for their XP so I would say the weight is the same, meaning the AC power to weight ratio is better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So it's gonna be a close race with the xp, making it a driver's race. Makes sense....that's how MFG's always do it. Which is stay with or make it a nose hair quicker than the competition, not a blowout.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know i sound like a broken record but with that kinda weight clutching is gonna be important. If they didnt do anything with that wet clutch at 1305 the wet clutches will never last. There using the same wetclutch in the tcat as the 650h-1 and when you do some mods it burns up pretty quick and thats in teh atv just think what would happen in something that weights 500lbs more.

·
Registered
686 Posts
the wildcat is as light or lighter than the XP and commander. the commander,
although can-ams website says it weights 1300, is a lie. i weighed a commander new out of the crate no accessories, no fluids, 1532lbs.
i also weighed a new XP900. their site claims somewhere in the 1200lbs range right? somehow the brand new unit i got my hands on was nearly 1450.

anybody wonder why??? its because the polaris and can-am are both imports and claim a lighter weight than they actually are to save money on import duties. nice try imports. the wildcat is made in USA and their weight is more on target with what it actually weighs. the wildcat is faster than an XP and commander in a straight line, corners, and everything in between. dont let numbers on a paper fool you. the wildcat for now will be king of the hill. mike give it a little time. when you get to ride one you will know. its stats that have been posted as of now may be a little shy of what you wanted, but believe me this machine is a bad bish

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shit Adam the first one that come sin im taking apart to see what up with everything. How the clutching is, where the wiring harness lays and so on. Before i buy one there have had made alot of changes. Ive been down thsi road wayyy to many time with ac and before i buy another one i wanna be sure it is what it is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since it already has power steering and doors I would say the weight is about right.

It is only 115 lbs over the XP . . . . . add power steering to the XP and doors . . . ..

Close enough.

The math says 96 horses is dead equal to the XP power to weight.
plus the Wildcat has a better suspension...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Shit Adam the first one that come sin im taking apart to see what up with everything. How the clutching is, where the wiring harness lays and so on. Before i buy one there have had made alot of changes. Ive been down thsi road wayyy to many time with ac and before i buy another one i wanna be sure it is what it is.
the quality of the build has me concerned also.

·
Banned
441 Posts
I might have to agree with AIRDAMS point about the B.S. weight deal.We will see and I,m sure he will see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the wildcat is as light or lighter than the XP and commander. the commander,
although can-ams website says it weights 1300, is a lie. i weighed a commander new out of the crate no accessories, no fluids, 1532lbs.
i also weighed a new XP900. their site claims somewhere in the 1200lbs range right? somehow the brand new unit i got my hands on was nearly 1450.

anybody wonder why??? its because the polaris and can-am are both imports and claim a lighter weight than they actually are to save money on import duties. nice try imports. the wildcat is made in USA and their weight is more on target with what it actually weighs. the wildcat is faster than an XP and commander in a straight line, corners, and everything in between. dont let numbers on a paper fool you. the wildcat for now will be king of the hill. mike give it a little time. when you get to ride one you will know. its stats that have been posted as of now may be a little shy of what you wanted, but believe me this machine is a bad bish

That would explain why my 85HP Commander can't catch my old 47HP std RZR untill speeds above 50MPH.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts