Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone can answer this or not, We didn't get to ride one but I keep reading about how underpowered the demos were? Can anyone ease my mind that they won't be underpowered when we finally get ours? Lol I'm just a little worried!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Green,
If you will read thru some of the old posts you will see that YES as far as we know they were detuned &/or declutched and the production units are suppose to be better BUT no one knows for sure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi wildman, I did read as much as I could on the topic but it seems like everyone that asked the reps got the answer that they were not detuned for the demos!! But mabey I've missed something !! That's great to hear though that they will probally hit the public with more power I'll keep my fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I hear that's it's not a power issue per say, but the sluggishness has to do more with the clutching set up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
From what I understand, the demo's had a motor and clutch right out of a Prowler. The Wildcat motor is supposed to have bigger valves, better ports, and a better clutch.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Oh the poor horse :)
I agree.

I had resigned myself when December began to two things that have made life waiting for the Wildcat much easier:

1) Won't be able to get one until February, maybe even March.

2) I'll find out how it runs when it shows up and go from there, the power shall remain a mystery.

Accepting those two things has made it easy to wait for this machine.

:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh the poor horse :)
I also agree.

But I also think what we saw and drove is what we get.

I watched the development team testing these in September at the Utah dunes.
At that time they didn't perform any better than they did "On Tour".

2012 CARB certs:
Arctic Cat Prowler 49.5 Kw = 66.4 HP
Arctic Cat Thundercat 52.2 Kw = 69.97 HP
Arctic Cat Wildcat 57.8 Kw = 77.48 HP
Polaris RZR 570 34.0 Kw = 45.58 HP
Polaris RZR 800 39.7 Kw = 53.22 HP
Polaris XP 900 65.6 Kw = 87.94 HP
Can Am 1000 63.4 Kw = 84.99 HP

As you can see Arctic has boosted the power on the Wildcat vs. the other 952cc motors they use.
Why would they re certify a new engine at this time?
Why doesn't AC publish there HP numbers?
The CARB reports for the other manufacturers match there claims!
The Wildcat as tested was slower than the XP900!

I really don't want to believe this, but I have convinced myself it is true!
I am buying because of the chassis, with the hope the aftermarket can make it run.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never liked homework in highschool, but I still did it.
im new here so i dont know if i understood you wrong, but do you mean i didnt do my homework on the wildcat before making this thread? If so i assure you i did but it didnt give me the answer i was looking for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts