Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got home from testing our new WCD setup. We bolted everything up (minus the loctite for now). Took the Cat for some test driving. It had that awesome tire destroying, snappy pep back in it's step that I love so much with CVtech primary. Took it back in the shop, tore it all back apart for some final inspection. Everything came right back apart easy (pulling the bearing takes a 3 or 4 jaw puller of course), looked fantastic. Assembled with loctite in the appropriate threaded areas and buttoned it up.

We built a 2nd setup, drew out all the measurements and headed home. Now we are just waiting for the clutches to show up from CVtech and we are ready to finish assembly of #2. This coming Thursday, it's off to Sahara for fun in the sand and testing. Shooting for 20 hours hard driving in the sand over 4 days. Then we will come home and tear them apart again for another inspection. If all looks great (have no doubt about it really), then we will build the final production parts, of which Donkey will be getting the 1st. That will give us a test machine for trails, mud, dirt, rocks, etc.

I'm pretty pumped to have my CAT back together with it's CVtech primary, SO SO SO SO SO SO much BETTER!!!!! WhOOOHOOO~!!!!!

Final weight of the parts 4 lbs. Stock wet clutch, drum and shaft = right under 8 lbs, so loss of 4 lbs. I think Adam's setup was 2 1/2 lbs, so we gained a 1 1/2 lb. Not bad and since the CVTech, I'm pretty sure is lighter than the stock primary by 1/2 to 1 lb, that makes a total spinning weight reduction of 5+ lbs, every little bit helps :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
glad to hear you guys got it going. keep us all posted. been working on a few things over here too. you test in the sand today or on dirt?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Happy for you guys.:fing02: Hope it all holds up.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
like i said red you are the best :You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:and no i do not want to be your b.f.f.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Excellent Red!!!! 5+ lbs is a considerable amount of weight!! Please keep us up to date...reports from the field please, that crazy Wabbit had us hanging by our finger nails while he was field testing and I'm not so sure I could stand doing that again...kinda tough on the manicure LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Nice job Red. Good luck with the sand testing. Can't wait for the results. I'm sure it will kick ass.................

·
Registered
335 Posts
Great, can not wait, this is why I keep coming back to the forum. Between Red and Adam and the forum we are going to have a kickass wcd. We do seemed to get side tracked about any breakage issues, but when it works like this, thats sweet. By the way, took one of the wildcats to TDS, a huge jeep run near the salton sea area. Did great in the mud hills, had 27 inch maxxis on it, and pre loaded the shocks to get more lift, still with that long wheelbase need some 32 or 33 inch tires to not drag the belly over the cuts. Only 2 drag off the high centers in 2 days, my rock jeep has the smallest tires in the group at 35s, and that is so it will fit in my toy hauler, so you can see it had to play with a bunch of tall dogs all trip. Everyone loved to watch it go thru the nachos.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Nice job Red. Good luck with the sand testing. Can't wait for the results. I'm sure it will kick ass.................

Excellent! X2!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I am sure he will Brtn, this is also something I was waiting on. I want my cat back together but I wasn't sure how she was going back together. Patience is a virtue they say so I must be the gd pope!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
That's good stuff, Red. So, I am a bit behind on this whole thing but, are these parts going to be offered commercially?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I see the HP's for the Cat is 62 and the XP is 64. With the WCD what kind of HP numbers could we see?
I might be wrong here, but I don't think the clutch is going to give you any more HP. I do think that it will get the horsepower you have to the ground more efficiently. It will probably also make that horsepower work for you throughout the power curve.................

·
Registered
298 Posts
I might be wrong here, but I don't think the clutch is going to give you any more HP. I do think that it will get the horsepower you have to the ground more efficiently. It will probably also make that horsepower work for you throughout the power curve.................
EXACTLY it will allow you less loss to the tires and faster rev's

1 - 20 of 167 Posts