Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, with a wet clutch if you blow a belt you have to pull a cover off that will allow access to the belt but then all the oil will pour out right? I have only worked on my old 2008 RZR clutch and then my Commander clutch (Endlessly.... don't get me started there)...but I have never worked with a "wet clutch" before other than a typical clutch in a dirt bike and quad...with clutch plates and oil. So that's my stupid question of the day. :eek: I assume wet clutch systems must be pretty reliable since bringing all kinds of oil and shop towels with you to do field repairs would get old fast. lol Or so I have the mechanics of this all wrong?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
No, no oil comes out. You pull the cover and change the belt. The wet clutch is housed behind the primary and has its own cover.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
So, with a wet clutch if you blow a belt you have to pull a cover off that will allow access to the belt but then all the oil will pour out right? I have only worked on my old 2008 RZR clutch and then my Commander clutch (Endlessly.... don't get me started there)...but I have never worked with a "wet clutch" before other than a typical clutch in a dirt bike and quad...with clutch plates and oil. So that's my stupid question of the day. :eek: I assume wet clutch systems must be pretty reliable since bringing all kinds of oil and shop towels with you to do field repairs would get old fast. lol Or so I have the mechanics of this all wrong?
No, the wet clutch is inside the engine case. When you pull the belt cover off it is just like any other SxS.

The only stupid question is not asking the question and just proceeding on.

:p

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
THIS SHOW MORE

Reactions: UtahWC and Nordie83
1 - 5 of 5 Posts