Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wet clutch has been retired, I just finished putting her back together. Right now she hits 66mph at half throttle at 8k rpm(rev limiter) Adam had mentioned I could put a lighter spring in than Red had for the dunes and I said go for it, LOL, well ya Rabbits screw up from time to time. I will say it goes back together so much easier than taking it all off though. Fox I will grab your pics tomorrow when I get to go out and play with it.

This is the fun of being the lab rat! My engagement is also set at 2300 rpm's right now and I would not recommend that for trail/rock climbing. He is going to put it back down to 1900 since I will be doing more than just dunes. Even with the clutch being set completely wrong(my fault, keep that in mind) she still gets up and boogies. Paddles tires are in just waiting on the whip now, that should be in monday me thinks. Sand next week can't wait, shits gonna be rockin!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Does the whole wcd process include a new primary clutch? Anything done to the secondary? Simply deleting the wet clutch won't fix the backshifting problem from what I understand. So what did he do to fix that?I'm hoping your answer its something like "he basically made the drive system more like the polaris CVT that we all know works"...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OKay I am drunk off my ass so bear with me here. Yes lighter spring in the primary and lighter weights atm. Shiftout isn't there once I hit 55mph I stop upshifting so I top out at 66mph currently. I need a different spring and more weight in my primary clutch. That 66 is at half throttle though its fun to play with it to get it up there. Yes it is a whole new primary. I changed the spring in the secondary. The stock backshifting problem stems from the primary from the way I understand it. Changing the primary fixes that so you need to change the secondary spring.

Yes he did make the drive system more like polaris or better yet simply more like a snow mobile clutch. I really like Airdams system over stock. To bad AC didn't use this, their clutch would have been better. Its funny driving my wildcat atm because before the shiftout was 7100ish now its 7600ish hehe. I told Adam to try this and I failed, dune trip is one weekend away and Adam will be around to help me get it dialed in. I can also offer him feedback on how it runs in the desert with the same set up so he can strike a balance if needed. I talked to him a few times tonight and his mind was running like a pc, taking all the info and making calculations. So is the life of a lab rat, I will gladly go first, this shit is fun!

I R DRUNK REMBER THAT! This is your disclaimer, I don't care atm:fing26:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
:popc1: Pics

·
Registered
945 Posts
Great ! Glad you got her running....so correct me if I'm wrong here.....8,000 rpm's? This means that the clutch was holding the RPM's back by around 400...correct? I thought I remember reading that 7,600 was what everyone else was achieving....guess I need to go back and re-read.

Anyway, I can't wait till you and Adam get together this coming week and really get her dialed in. This has been and continues to be very interesting....Tanks!!

Will be waiting for some way
cool pic's!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
how many days to get it back from air dam got 50 miles on mine runs strong 68 to 70 in rough road ditch 75 on gravel road won't go any faster hits rev limiter at 7430 or7450

·
Registered
945 Posts
how many days to get it back from air dam got 50 miles on mine runs strong 68 to 70 in rough road ditch 75 on gravel road won't go any faster hits rev limiter at 7430 or7450
GPS or speedo??

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Adam did my clutch over the weekend, he had it for 4 days. Figure out your shipping options there ya go. I was able to hit 73 before the delete on pavement, on dirt was more like 69-70:rolleyes:

·
Registered
415 Posts
mine gps speedo is fairly accurate within one looking at it things movie pretty fast to just stare at speedo

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congrats rabbit, hope it is better than you wished for. Try to keep track of what works best in the sand for the rest of us. I know being the test pilot is tough but from the sounds of the forum a lot of people are waiting for the rabbits good word. Have a great time at glamis!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My head hurts, to be expected:p Sand Jeep its gonna be set up for sand then I will have to come home and see how it does in the desert. Being the test pilot isn't bad at all, I would have done this first last or otherwise heh. I didn't go into this expecting perfection out of the gate. Lol the lord has the good word Im just a smuck with an opinion:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts