Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My riding style I prefer to keep the wet clutch but I have some issues.
What can I expect with a wet clutch slug kit?
I'm getting some slip with the wet clutch. Note the discoloring of the hub.

Wheel Auto part Tire Vehicle brake Brake

The outer race will spin in the wet clutch housing.
Should probably replace the housing?

Auto part Rotor Wheel Clutch Locking hubs

The primary shaft is spinning inside the clutch cover bearing.
Tough to see but the end of the shaft is wearing down.

Tool accessory Nozzle Hardware accessory Fastener Tool

Getting a lot of slip in the primary clutch

Metal Auto part Machine Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake

I should note I like run trials northern MN and like to run tracks in the winter.
Running stock primary and STM secondary

· Registered
5,511 Posts
Well the hub has been too hot. You can see if it can be machined but probably has hot spots. The sheaves look crappy too. Try to clean them up or replace.

On second look the sheaves will probably clean up and be ok

· Registered
290 Posts
If you change your mind on the wet clutch, I have a delete I could part ways with. I'm going to try to go back to stock.

· Registered
492 Posts
I've got everything you need Chris. Almost new wet clutch with slug kit, new hub and primary clutch. Plus I have some AJ sliders for the primary. I'll be at Quadna this weekend but let me know and I can get all the stuff to your old man Thursday.

Reactions: Oldcrow

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure would like to know what is happening that these parts are failing. Makes me wonder if I have something more going wrong.
I understand the wet clutch slipping causing the heat build up in the hub but what causes the big bearing inside the aluminum wet clutch cover to spin the outer race?
Also what caused the primary shaft to spin in the inner race of the clutch cover bearing?
I can put OEM parts into it but will end up with the same issues.
Now is a good time to build it bigger better stronger. I like dependable

· Registered
5,511 Posts
I can help with why the races spun but when you put it back together you can use loctite sleeve retainer. I think that's what it's called. Kinda like how thread locker keeps bolts tight it keep sleeves, races etc tight

· Registered
6,107 Posts
Oldcrow,

I agree the wet clutch rocks for trail and crawlin'.

Lots of things to consider here, tire size riding style and total miles on the thing (might just be worn out). I run all greens with 28's and have had no problem so far. The next time i go into it it will get the slugs. I also have a one way bearing in there to that keeps things locked up going down those big hills. Like Patrick says a little sleeve retainer will hold the bearing in place.

· Registered
17 Posts
I pulled the stock primary and secondary off my machine along with the wet clutch and drum off my 2013 wildcat 1000.all components have 180 km on them 100% perfect, like new.I and running the stm wcd set up with 32" tires so the parts are bagged and tagged if your interested pm me thanks

· Premium Member
8,264 Posts
Oldcrow,

I agree the wet clutch rocks for tail and crawlin.

Lots of things to consider here, tire size riding style and total miles on the thing (might just be worn out). I run all greens with 28's and have had no problem so far. The next time i go into it it will get the slugs. I also have a one way bearing in there to that keeps things locked up going down those big hills. Like Patrick says a little sleeve retainer will hold the bearing in place.
might want to proof read the first sentence...

· Registered
6,107 Posts
^^ Busted should I assume the position ? - I am a repeat offender on grammar crimes lol

· Registered
18 Posts
who sells the slug kits?

· Registered
2,142 Posts
I don't know if Hollywood will ban me if I say, just google, wildcat 1000 slug kit and you will find the place. They are in Phoenix, and I have been to their shop and met the owner, good dude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.