1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
0 :d:d:d:d:d

·
Registered
203 Posts
Put 5G down, 6.9% for 60 months, $250 a month...I plan to pay it off sooner, hopefully in two years. I prefer to have more money in the bank than pay for something in one lump sum - But for some of the high rollers, this isnt as much of an issue. =)

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
One of our Credit Unions is offering .9% to 2% for 3 years max and another is offering 2.74% for 4 years max. With interest that cheap its really worth putting their money to work and keeping more of your own capital to put to work for yourself.

:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
One of our Credit Unions is offering .9% to 2% for 3 years max and another is offering 2.74% for 4 years max. With interest that cheap its really worth putting their money to work and keeping more of your own capital to put to work for yourself.

For an ATV, wow? Are you in AZ? I'll have to look again at the dealers in CA...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Lets see, 16k in someone elses pocket or pay minimal interest borrowing the money and letting them take the risk while my 16k is in stocks making me money. Ill take the payment but I do understand some just not wanting the note.:cool:

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
For an ATV, wow? Are you in AZ? I'll have to look again at the dealers in CA...
No, I am in Texas, and these are not the dealer rates I have no idea what they have. I think they use Sheffield which I have never used so I have no idea what kind of rates they have.

Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is one of the ones I was talking about and JSC Federal Credit Union is the other. You need a 740 or greater to get the best rates at TDECU and you need a 720 or better to get the best rates at JSC.

If you do need to finance either all or some of it (and you have good credit) then shop around and have them compete for your business, they will meet or beat a competitors offer on financing so do not feel like you have to accept what they toss at you. TDECU was talking 4% which didn't really impress me (been getting car loans at 0% and 1.9% for years) until I mentioned JSC was offering 2.74% and all of a sudden they were talking 2.00% or even down to .9% for a shorter term (3yrs).

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Lets see, 16k in someone elses pocket or pay minimal interest borrowing the money and letting them take the risk while my 16k is in stocks making me money. Ill take the payment but I do understand some just not wanting the note.:cool:
You got it brother, whenever possible leverage other peoples money. :p

I have learned over time the best way to make money is to put my money to work making money.

:cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow, local credit unions just begging for business, saw 2.9% advertised this week. Selling my RZR to a friend, he was going to pull money out of 401 and pay interest and penalty. Advised him to just finance it, it would be way cheaper.

Dwight

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ya Dwight dont let him do that. Im no financial advisor but that will cost him big time. He may be able to barrow against his 401 and he will get the interest.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Ya Dwight dont let him do that. Im no financial advisor but that will cost him big time. He may be able to barrow against his 401 and he will get the interest.
Yes absolutely if he does use his 401k do NOT withdraw from it, get a loan against it from the 401k broker themselves. He won't pay any interest the only downside is the amount loaned to yourself out the 401k does not grow while being paid back. Usually you can get up to an 80% loan on your balance and cannot be turned down. Right now 401k's are hardly earning anything anyway so its a good time to do such a move.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Zip, Nada, Zero paying cash

·
Registered
30 Posts

TX, SmartFinancial CU is offering 2.99% for 60 months, 100% LTV. Memebership only requires living, working, or attending school in Fort Bend, Harris or Montgomery Counties.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
TX, SmartFinancial CU is offering 2.99% for 60 months, 100% LTV. Memebership only requires living, working, or attending school in Fort Bend, Harris or Montgomery Counties.
Thats not bad either if someone wants to go that long.

Its obvious that Credit Unions are the way to go for anyone that needs to finance these.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ZERO - paid cash

about the loan.... here is what you need to do... there are plenty of credit cards out there with zero % for 12-18 months. Get yourself one of those and then just pay it off over the next 12-18 months. Here is a link to several of the hot deals right now but I am sure there are more

Best No Fee 0% APR Balance Transfer Offers of 2012 (Up to 18 Months) » My Money Blog - Personal Finance and Investing Blog

That is what I did, but the cat took too long to come in so by the time it came in I had cash to pay for it... now the credit card will go towards accessories and I will just pay it off with 0% interest and build my credit.

Also a lot of these will have 0% on transfers for a year or something, so you won't have to necessarily pay it off in 18 months if you get a deal in the mail and just roll it over to another card.

DON'T TAKE A LOAN OUT OF YOUR 401K..... IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THAT THEN WAIT FOR NEXT YEARS MODEL AND JUST GET IT THEN. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.

Also it's tax season.... so if you use the 0% interest credit card and put your returns towards it then it will be easier to pay off in 12-18 months.

Think about it!​

·
Registered
508 Posts
They must be giving you guys new car loan rates and not atv rates to get it that low.

·
Registered
103 Posts
$16,500+tax if you want to register it. My dealer is giving $700 worth accessories with the deal which in some way brings the price to around 15,800. He'll also do 10% off additional accessories. Pretty good deal I think. Of course, no retarded set up fees or anything like that. I know this thread is about per month payments but thought I'd do some free advertising for my dealer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts