Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 916 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
That looks like a sweet race. I put 15 miles on my X and i drove the hell out of it. Its just above freezing here, and we still have a pile of snow, and a pile of water in the fields! Found out how much water at 60mph through a low spot. I am still shivering after a hot shower.... was a very cold ride home. Took my '12 out that is all stock(wires unit) an it blows the doors off the '12. I think my RZR & Can Am buddies are in for a surprise!

·
Registered
731 Posts
damm nice vid

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Mounted my heavy duty black anodized side view mirror from UTV INC. today. The wife saw it and wants one for her side now. Guess I am going back to visit them soon. On a side note, Willie gave me a tour of their shop today and it is legit! More machines in there than you can imagine. They do every step of every part production in house. Very impressive..........

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Mounted my heavy duty black anodized side view mirror from UTV INC. today. The wife saw it and wants one for her side now. Guess I am going back to visit them soon. On a side note, Willie gave me a tour of their shop today and it is legit! More machines in there than you can imagine. They do every step of every part production in house. Very impressive..........
on the bold - I love seeing this, American parts for an american machine - stuff thats actually made with pride and from what I have seen of utv inc's products they're top notch.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Did you smack something to get the flat?
When we pre-ran the rocks weren't sticking above the ground very far, after 200 MX bikes and over 100 quads the rocks "grew". I was only running 9 lbs of pressure and should have been in the 13-15 range.
So yes, I did hit a rock somewhere that pinched the sidewall. If I race again, I will look at using tire blocks. I was running 28x10x14 GBC Mongrels.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
I worry about the sidewalls of my Mongrels, they seem awfully soft. I won't blame them for a pinched sidewall because of low pressure though. The only Pitbull Growler I was ever able to kill was due to running about 6 psi and then slamming into 1 foot tall ledges at 30-35 mph but I notch that as my fault for the low pressure.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Are you guys not bending wheels at that point? Whenever I've had low tire pressure and hit rocks and things on my quad, the tire just folds and I end up bending the rim. I can't imagine the rim not getting damaged with that low of TP.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Mongrels are the exact same tires I ran at King of the Hammers, 15 lbs of pressure. Not one issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Installed Ajs sxs accessories fender flare kit on both machines! Makes a huge difference. Opted to rivet the front ones on versus use his stainless bolts. Looks much better. Did a 70 mile run today, trail, mud, hills, beach, snow! Good mix of everything. Put my stock '12 rear tires on back of X after 45 miles of ride today. Somehow blew a hole in the center of the rim, came from the outside in. About a 2" long hole and 1/4 inch wide. Had us baffled for 10 mins trying to figure out where the leak was.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I broke the driver side a-arm guard from UTV clean off. I hit a rock in a curve while descending a big hill. I never seen the rock. I hit it at about 4 mph. It striped 2 of the 3 bolts clear through the guard and bent both of the brackets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I kicked my X....... Damn thing is expensive. I hate this forum, but I love it also. See what everyone else is doing and I'm like....Oh! Oh! Oh! I want that. Damn Wildcats, how I love you so!

21 - 40 of 916 Posts