Wildcat Forum banner

881 - 900 of 901 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
btw i like the black out side- did u just use simple black can spray ?
The fenders and door panels were sanded and then sprayed with several light coats of duplicolor adhesion promoter. Then several light coats of Rustoleum sealer primer. And finally several light coats of Herculiner truck bed liner. The bottom panel under the doors and to the rear of the doors are just stock black plastics.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Spent the weekend riding Ocotillo Wells with rzr friends. Cat ran great. Excellent speed/acceleration/handling. Excellent rock crawling when needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spent my Superbowl Sunday the proper way. Attending to my Cat.

Replaced the starter. Installed lockdown bar and harnesses. Installed chromoly tie rods. Installed new battery. Mounted a camera. Overall it was a GREAT game.

20200131_142344.jpg 20200203_095100.jpg 20200131_174137.jpg 20200203_095143.jpg 20200202_154750.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Went up in the Selkirk Mountains of North Idaho. Such a sunny warm day didn't even need the heated seats.
Wildcat over Pack River Feb 2020_vsm.jpg Wildcat below Jeru Febuary 2020 3vsm.jpg

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
DonnyM, we need to get together when spring rolls around (we're snowbirding in Sand Hollow right now). We live just up the road, north of Blanchard.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
AZStrip gave us the insider's tour of Sand Hollow this afternoon. What a neat riding area! Sand Hollow should be on everyone's bucket list. And chasing Mark around was fun, too!

sandhollow.jpg

Thanks, AZStrip!!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Two great days of riding with mbrandt and his lovely wife.
75 epic miles today. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to show you a few of my favorite places!

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Somewhere on the Arizona Strip.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Thanks for showing us around! We had a terrific time and will certainly be back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another day in the mountains with the SnowCat.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
beautiful location...where are you located?...

·
Registered
49 Posts
beautiful location...where are you located?...
Located in Northern Idaho. Its nice country year round. Lots of public land (Forest Service) to explore.

·
Registered
84 Posts
had the long starter gear shaft turned down so it will protect the starter gear boss. because the last ride I had in the the fall I stopped to take a leak and when I went to start it ,it wouldn't turn over long story short the starter gear shaft was on top of the of the gear its drives
20200122_120029 (1).jpg . lucky it didn't brake anything

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It has been awhile since I've looked at the starter drive arrangement. I'm not understanding what you found and how turning the shaft down will protect it. Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
84 Posts
In the boss that brakes the hole is alot deeper into the case housing but it is a little smaller in dia. a little deeper than half of an inch so the turned down shaft will go into the case housing deeper than what the short shaft would go.I was thinking it would help for braking off the boss.
20200214_144600_001.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
The shaft fits nice and tight 20200214_144642_001.jpg

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Thanks!
There is a shadow over the picture of the hole that hides the detail. I take it that it was obvious that the lower & smaller hole was machined at the same time as the larger diameter, i.e. that they were concentric.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm thinking that it will make it much stronger and less prone to brake away.Now I have to get the up grade starter and gear and clutch bearing

881 - 900 of 901 Posts