901 - 905 of 905 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh yeah a new long shaft

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Traded our '15 X Ltd today. I really enjoyed our X, but early endings to two consecutive trips to the Southwest pushed me over the limit. I put it back to stock and got $7900 trade in on a $19k 2019 XX Ltd with 2 miles on the odo. Bought 4 years of extended warranty, so having it break on the road and needing to head back home to repair it should no longer be a thing.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Pork Chop rode the shit out of his in Glamis last month and it was flawless. Does the trade lower your sales tax like it does in AZ?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
If I had bought it in WA the sales tax would work same as AZ. Since I bought it in Idaho, I'll pay something called "Use" tax, and I'm not sure if it works the same way. I'll find out next week.

I suppose I should have checked that out - a WA dealer about 300 miles away was selling the same 'cat at the same price. I'm so suspicious of dealers. I wonder if a dealer looking at a trade-in at the end of a long drive automatically knocks a few hundred off of what they would otherwise offer. What will the prospective buyer do, turn around and drive back home???

901 - 905 of 905 Posts