901 - 916 of 916 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh yeah a new long shaft

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Traded our '15 X Ltd today. I really enjoyed our X, but early endings to two consecutive trips to the Southwest pushed me over the limit. I put it back to stock and got $7900 trade in on a $19k 2019 XX Ltd with 2 miles on the odo. Bought 4 years of extended warranty, so having it break on the road and needing to head back home to repair it should no longer be a thing.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Pork Chop rode the shit out of his in Glamis last month and it was flawless. Does the trade lower your sales tax like it does in AZ?

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
If I had bought it in WA the sales tax would work same as AZ. Since I bought it in Idaho, I'll pay something called "Use" tax, and I'm not sure if it works the same way. I'll find out next week.

I suppose I should have checked that out - a WA dealer about 300 miles away was selling the same 'cat at the same price. I'm so suspicious of dealers. I wonder if a dealer looking at a trade-in at the end of a long drive automatically knocks a few hundred off of what they would otherwise offer. What will the prospective buyer do, turn around and drive back home???

Reactions: toyman

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bringing the cat back to life after hibernation, this time I got some motivation, installed grease fittings on all suspension pivots that you can. Tightened up the bolts, had some that I know was causing that a arm/bushing slop. Used a sharp grease needle and injected grease into ball joints and any suspension components I can. It's a offroad vehicle so there naturally will be play and such, the grease will help a lot with it all. It's got 4k km, wheel bearings all feel fine, ordering the 30mm wheel bearing greaser when I can find one up here in Canada.

·
Registered
129 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
50 Posts
I built a couple new racks for my 2014. Added a swing away gas carrier on the rear and a 40"x40" one up top for a spare and other gear. Took it out for a spin in the mountains today. Practicing Social Distances. Never seen a soul in the 32 miles of back country trails.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There’s way too much water where I’m hoping to someday try out my 2018 WC X LTD (near Haliburton, Ontario) so I’ve used my idle time during the Covid-19 lockdown to install a snorkel kit. Came out not bad!

·
Registered
129 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
40 Posts
Today, I installed my aluminum billet door handles! Easy upgrade for a newbie, especially if you’ve already broken one! All easy except for that nut-and-bolt near the door skin ... clearly assembled before the door skin was installed! Had to remove two nearby fasteners to bend the skin to get a 10mm flat wrench in there! Anyway, all good now!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another COVID project - USB ports!

I had a few extra dual USB ports from a previous project on my FJ Cruiser so I thought I would try to install it on my 2018 WC X LTD. Another good project for a newbie! I used the available, unused switched connector behind the dash. Valuable experience in taking the hood off with the LTD winch and windshield (mostly how to be patient!). I put the ports on the rightmost switch blank spot.
51BED2E3-1893-4496-8DC3-2DA46684EEBD.jpeg

·
Registered
247 Posts
Actually gave the X a bath. First one since purchase in '16
rocmoc n AZ

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
after the cleaning do you have any new rattles/squeaks/sounds that any mud/dirt/dust had been preventing?...haaaaa...

901 - 916 of 916 Posts