Wildcat Forum banner
961 - 975 of 975 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last Saturday I changed the oil and put it at the full mark and yesterday blew the magneto seal. It had a very slight weep I kept the oil to the bottom of the hashes I put it to the full mark the seal is toast.

I bought the lifetime trailmaps app and was mapping out one of my forests running 10-30 mph taking it easy not stressing the engine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
...is it an easy- old out- new in procedure or!??
Also the shaft from the old rack has to be cut and then a new ujoint has to be welded to it for the new connection between the power steering and new rack. If you go on 715 WildcatRiders website there are videos. Also search on this group and there is a very good step by step instructions

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting. I thought I saw that the shaft just has to be machined didn't know you have to weld it. Well either way I'm eager to hear how you like it. Not like we have any other choices at this point lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interesting. I thought I saw that the shaft just has to be machined didn't know you have to weld it. Well either way I'm eager to hear how you like it. Not like we have any other choices at this point lol
Yes the shaft needs to be cut then machined down and then the supplied u-joint needs to be welded to the shaft.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Really curious how the steering rack performs. Might be my next mod.
Finally got out for a ride today and the 715 WildcatRiders steering is absolutely amazing. Rode in badly rutted ice, snow and mud. Was getting tossed around pretty good and most of the time was steering effortlessly with one hand. Turning radius is ridiculous compared to stock. Running on FSR at about 60-70 it tracked like on rails compared to before it was scary loose. This might have been a result of the change to 30” tires as well as the steering. All in all very happy with the steering and definitely worth it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally got out for a ride today and the 715 WildcatRiders steering is absolutely amazing. Rode in badly rutted ice, snow and mud. Was getting tossed around pretty good and most of the time was steering effortlessly with one hand. Turning radius is ridiculous compared to stock. Running on FSR at about 60-70 it tracked like on rails compared to before it was scary loose. This might have been a result of the change to 30” tires as well as the steering. All in all very happy with the steering and definitely worth it.

Thanks for the follow up! Sounds great, going to bed my next mod when I can swing the extra cash.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Haven't had the wildcat out in a long time.
Got out today for an 85 mile loop from the house to the west mountain towers, out onto the desert and then back home. The last 1.5 miles to the towers is the longest section of steep I think I have ever been on.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
531 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

New steering slider bushings and wipers today.
5000 miles on the originals. No mud helps them last.

Reactions: toyman
961 - 975 of 975 Posts