Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Main bar done...
what are you plans for the booty
body panels with that lipo your doing?
I'm almost to that part. It actually looks like it all lines up pretty well. I have to cut each bed side piece (2). So...one joint per side. Not sure yet how I'll splice the seams...probably back it and rivet it. Scary making that 1st cut!
Pictures dont really show much...

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Measure twice. Cut once.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm almost to that part. It actually looks like it all lines up pretty well. I have to cut each bed side piece (2). So...one joint per side. Not sure yet how I'll splice the seams...probably back it and rivet it. Scary making that 1st cut!
Pictures dont really show much...
You might look into a plastic welder. They're pretty cheap and I've had good results. It doesn't look great on the side you weld but if it's hidden, it doesn't really matter. You could practice on some of the pieces you cut out.

I had a screw tab break off the bed tub for one of my trails. While it was kind of a pain getting it lined update at the right angle again, I did get it. It's not pretty, but I think it will hold just fine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wired....I bought one for this rebuild! It had alot of broken tabs. I'm getting a little better, now that I'm done.

·
Registered
90 Posts
6A340367-885E-445F-AEA0-B09C8C947736.jpeg 4E53F360-6387-4024-8D58-022C58C7D21A.jpeg A110A22E-D2D0-4367-9769-3C5CE1B0E57B.jpeg
Added these slick new mirrors today. I’m impressed again with my XX. The pre wired circuits make me smile every time I add an electrical accessory.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Among a few other things, I greased my wheel bearings this weekend. After only 250 miles, two of them already need replaced & the other two will need replaced pretty soon. Each bearing needed around 40 pumps of grease! So they were pretty much dry from the factory. No wonder they're already shot. On a positive note, I finally got to try my new over the axle bearing greaser. Worked like a charm. Now I know, even though they're brand new, I'm going to grease the bearings when I receive them.

IMG_4275.jpg IMG_4276.jpg

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
looks nice, when you get a chance, could you take a pic farther away? been thinking if doing that to my rigs since day one..

·
Registered
598 Posts
How did you know you bearings were shot? Is it an easy process to grease these? With that tool?
With the machine off the ground, the tire/wheel should be tight. No movement, other than turning obviously. If you grab the tire with two hands, push in on one side, pull out on the other side, try to wobble it back & forth, it should not move very much if any. If there's a lot of play, which was the case with my two rears, the bearings need replaced. Plus one of the bearings just fell apart when I pulled the hub out. Full of mud, sand, rust. Bone dry.

As far as using this greaser, yes it's very easy. It fit's over the axle so all you have to remove is the wheel, brake caliper & hub. Slide it in & start pumping until grease starts coming out the side of the bearing. Nothing needs to be disconnected from the knuckle. Big time saver.

IMG_4279.jpg

·
Registered
598 Posts
Finished chop job.....what a pain!
Looks good! I've been wanting to do this. I like it when the tires stick out past the rear of the machine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can post more pics later. I can tell you, it is a very time consuming job. There are no right angles on the back of these cars. Every cut means changing 2 or 3 different measurements! Harbor freight (or better!) Plastic welder is a must for the bed tub. That alone was a straight 6 hour job (although I did have to do some do overs!) and I still have to do more welding and tweaking. It was a must do for me so it will fit in my toyhauler. All in all, it turned out pretty well.

·
Registered
598 Posts
What millimeter is the bearing tool?
50mm. If you go to Machined Integrations website, there is one specifically for the Wildcat XX. Name, size, part number are all on the end of the tool in the picture.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Installed hard coated windshield and LED headlamp bulbs from Beamtech.
Next up- turn signal and license plate kit for street legal in Az.

181 - 200 of 255 Posts