Wildcat Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
No pics until it has been modified at least a little. Anyone wanting to know what it looks like right now can go to the factory pics.

I want to add side guards/sliders and of course it came with bumpers. I think I'll paint the bumpers and side guards something other than satin black. Either silver, to match the OEM graphics, or maybe red, to give it a splash of color. I'll be re-installing the red 6 pt harnesses I removed from the X, so at the moment I'm leaning towards red. Also because I have a gallon of red paint & hardener left over from the race car and I'm cheap!

Please do not suggest AC green.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Made my first repair, at 3.2 miles: the electrical device (voltage regulator/rectifier?) near the right rear wheel was close to falling off. I had noticed a rattle and was checking all of the flat panels around the engine and exhaust. An XTR1000 that I drove a couple of weeks ago had a similar rattle. I wonder if someone is skipping a step at Thief River Falls?:)

·
Premium Member
7,408 Posts
due to not being able to find face masks anywhere in the tampa bay area we've purchased something to use here and with our xx upon our return to colorado (whenever that will be)...color coordinated as well with our xx...feline model is extra...a local area swimsuit mfg has started making these for folks in multiple color configurations...

·
Registered
64 Posts
It seems alot of people think like you do. I can't see how dirt, sand or water will get past the o-rings. They are smashed tightly between the two spacers. Without a little grease of some sort the o-rings will destroy themselves, letting in more than you know. Mine were starting to at about 800 miles. I can't stand squeaks, rattles, knocks or bangs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It seems alot of people think like you do. I can't see how dirt, sand or water will get past the o-rings. They are smashed tightly between the two spacers. Without a little grease of some sort the o-rings will destroy themselves, letting in more than you know. Mine were starting to at about 800 miles. I can't stand squeaks, rattles, knocks or bangs.
haha. Speaking to an engineer who works for the company that designs the shocks for these cars.... the O Rings are a consumable wear item that should be replaced at about every 1000-1500 miles. We lube every seal and o-ring on our shocks EXCEPT external ones.

Your last sentence is comical in the off road world.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I get it. These o-rings are 98% covered by the spacers and squeezed on pretty tightly....I'll take the slight chance.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts