Wildcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2726 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Simple mod today. 2" receiver tow hook from Harbor Freight--- might need to shim it, it's gonna make some noise.

and no, this was not taken at the beach. It washed into the carport from all the rain last week, last month, this year.

goodies  8.jpg

Reactions: Tn32268

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Installed the front bumper today. Instructions need some work. I'll do a write up on it soon.

before

IMG_4487.JPG

after

IMG_4530.JPG

Reactions: afair88 and Tn32268

·
Registered
615 Posts
Simple mod today. 2" receiver tow hook from Harbor Freight--- might need to shim it, it's gonna make some noise.

and no, this was not taken at the beach. It washed into the carport from all the rain last week, last month, this year.

View attachment 34076
I have one of these also. Comes in handy. And looks badass!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts

View attachment 34076
Looks great but is hard on the shins. Drill a hole in the top of your receiver and spot weld a nut to it, screw bolt down tight so it pinches the hitch and that stops the hitch from rattling. No shim required.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I need to look at the chunk I cut out of my grille when I installed my winch. It may be just right to jam between the hitch and receiver.

I saw this roller in a youtube video on the Limited Sport at the 2:42 mark. I need one of these when I head for Arkansas. It looks like a 3 inch steel caster bolted into 2 inch square tubing

receiver hitch roller.jpg

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
keep us posted

·
Administrator
27,596 Posts
Got the angles all done,now ready to start welding when I get home.
You need more light, or a flash. Looks good, but hard to tell. Unless you're keeping us in the dark until you are done, LOL!

Reactions: 16foxracing16

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Imagine how good youd slide over obstacles if you made a complete skid of rollers.

I ended up taking my hitch out because it caused a "clutch noise" that i chased for a week. Damn paranoia. Good thing i dont live in Colorado or id be real paranoid and hungry.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Installed my rear bumper today. Some before and after pics. the rear was easier than the front to install. And the instructions fro the rear were correct.

It definitely looks tougher now!

R bumper- before and after.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not all were done today but here is my list so far (275 miles, about 75 of hard trails).
Radiator shields homeade
Underhood box
Ac sport bars
broke and fixed the driver footwell
Added aluminum footwell guards also homeade
100 mile service
Got a slow leak in front passenger tire and a chunk missing from driver side sidewall
rubbed the door against a tree when it slid down on a side hill
Added a tool kit with tow strap, jumper cables, tire plugs, safety glasses, folding saw, 12v air compressor
Bought harnesses
Started fabrication of 1.5" square tube front and rear bumpers with matching harness bar
have a winch to install

I will get pics of the homeade stuff in a thread when i finish everything.

Next i need nerf bars, skid plate, a-arm guards, tunes, roof, tires, power steering, mirrors, cooler/storage that fits the bed, bigger cleanouts in the floorboards, go pro, and whatever else i am forgetting lol.

O and yesterday i was a tow truck for a quad that broke a master link 2 miles from the pits

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Put my windshield and back window on today....roof on back order,bumpers ordered,rear kimpex storage box ordered ,front storage box ordered,AJ's front and rear flares and radiator guards,and inner fender guards ordered........also got my Ipod in place and my 242 portable Rugged radio in place.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I like the flat top!!! Wanna do mine next???

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Bad ass work!!!! Love the flat top also. I wish mine was flat.

·
Administrator
27,596 Posts
Flat makes it look longer. What happened to your passenger seat?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
looks awesome,where did you get your mirrors at,I like those...........

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Ordered a Dragonfire harness bar last night.

41 - 60 of 2726 Posts