Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF happened to the Gamis tour event? I haven't looked at the tour schedule for a while, but they used to have one scheduled for Glamis the weekend after Thanksgiving? I was planning on going. What, they built this thing for the sand and dessert, but arn't going to Glamis? I would think that could be their biggest customer base? Don't quite understand their marketing plan.

·
Registered
791 Posts
They have changed their schedule a lot. It makes you wonder who is in charge of this, did they post the schedule too soon? They have now turned the 3 day event in Oregon into a 1 day event. I guess the other 2 days are for dealers and invited buyers. This whole thing seems to be half-a$$ed from their press releases to these demo days. I sure hope the Wildcat is not a reflection of this. :(:confused:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well....it seems like I am saying this a lot with this machine.....time will tell.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Put Down The Pitch-Forks

Guys, I was told by my rep. this morning that they WILL be at Glamis. I am trying to get confirmation as to whether the date is the same or has changed. Stand by for further.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I hope so since it's suppose to be a great duner and there isn't much of a scheduled demo southwest presence. Much of the tour looks questionable given the time of year and weather conditions.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Some Time In Nov Was Just Talking To The Driver This Mor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope it is some time in nov and not thanksgiving weekend. 60k+ people in Glamis. I don't like crowds but I'll put up with it for a test drive! Plus its 4 hr drive for me.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Latest Update

OK, long story, and unable to elaborate. They'll be at Glamis, same date, but it will likely not be a drive-it-yourself event. Unanticipated location-specific issue. Maybe a ride-along instead. Rest assured, it has nothing to do with Wildcat problems, shortcomings, conspiracy theories, alien abduction, Canned-Ham drippings, etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Lots of visibility at Glamis. Has to be a bit intimidating to be in the wolves' den with all those XPs wanting a piece of the new kid on the block.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, long story, and unable to elaborate. They'll be at Glamis, same date, but it will likely not be a drive-it-yourself event. Unanticipated location-specific issue. Maybe a ride-along instead. Rest assured, it has nothing to do with Wildcat problems, shortcomings, conspiracy theories, alien abduction, Canned-Ham drippings, etc.
I don't know why it couldn't be a "drive it yourself" event. I was there last year for Can-am's Commander test ride. They didn't seem to have any problems with it. Although the ride could hqve been a little more challenging.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't know why it couldn't be a "drive it yourself" event. I was there last year for Can-am's Commander test ride. They didn't seem to have any problems with it. Although the ride could hqve been a little more challenging.
It was originally intended to be a drive-it-yourself. This is an unanticipated issue. They are not happy about this either, I can assure you. If you are familiar with Glamis, and the American Sand Association's struggle to keep it going, you know there are a lot of shenanigans involving outside influences. Get the drift?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
They should switch it to Gordon's Well instead. Same dunes, less idiots, less shenanigans.......................

·
Registered
791 Posts
I thought I saw that they was going to have a ride demo at Glamis over Thanksgiving but I don't see it on their web site now. They did have a ride demo in So. Cal. the weekend before they where in Utah. It was in Barstow, so I guess you missed your chance to drive one in So. Cal.
I asked about the Glamis Event while at the Winchester Bay event and was told they had to cancel it due to a request from Parks & Rec? or who ever has control over the Glamis area. AC had to cancel because the people in charge of the Glamis Dunes did not want the added influx of people over the Thanksgiving weekend since it was already a large useage weekend. Now this is third party info so don't shoot the messenger.

·
Banned
441 Posts
I wouldnt and haven,t taken anything to Glamis on Thanksgiving weekend for 20yrs.BLM runs the show there and the are knuckleheads at best.To many a-holes that weekend,should have done it the weekend after.:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I asked about the Glamis Event while at the Winchester Bay event and was told they had to cancel it due to a request from Parks & Rec? or who ever has control over the Glamis area. AC had to cancel because the people in charge of the Glamis Dunes did not want the added influx of people over the Thanksgiving weekend since it was already a large useage weekend. Now this is third party info so don't shoot the messenger.
A previous post said 50,000---They claim to have had as many as 200,000 during Thanksgiving weekend---The dunes are so rutted out that it isn't enjoyable for me---But the crowds are hugely entertaining---To get the permit for an event isn't that hard, but can't understand why they would cancel them for this weekend as others are already staging up out there---I was out there when Popo brought out the XP's---They decided to do it unofficially and just showed up with the units---They were demo-ing them but wouldn't let you drive em---They came in RV's as if there for personal use and invited folks back to their campers to recieve t-shirts and junk---It would probably be good for AC to do the same, at least getting some exposure---------I just got back from Glamis and there was a big enough crowd to rut it out pretty bad---Hope they choose an off weekend when they let us drive em.

Happy

·
Registered
945 Posts
50,000 peep's......200,000 peep's over Thanksgiving weekend.......man if there are more than 4 people in 5 days where I ride, to me that's 4 to many!

·
Registered
192 Posts
A previous post said 50,000---They claim to have had as many as 200,000 during Thanksgiving weekend---The dunes are so rutted out that it isn't enjoyable for me---But the crowds are hugely entertaining---To get the permit for an event isn't that hard, but can't understand why they would cancel them for this weekend as others are already staging up out there---I was out there when Popo brought out the XP's---They decided to do it unofficially and just showed up with the units---They were demo-ing them but wouldn't let you drive em---They came in RV's as if there for personal use and invited folks back to their campers to recieve t-shirts and junk---It would probably be good for AC to do the same, at least getting some exposure---------I just got back from Glamis and there was a big enough crowd to rut it out pretty bad---Hope they choose an off weekend when they let us drive em.

Happy
I was out there from Thur- Sun. It wasn't nearly as crowded as I have seen it on Halloween in the past. Yea, by Sun it was getting rutted out a bit, but it wasn't that bad except at the most frequented places. In fact, over the last 2 seasons, the crowds in general have been way down from years past, even on holiday weekends . Thanksgiving will probably see more folks than Halloween though, but I doubt it will be nearly as bad as they are making out. Suck cuz I passed on Barstow, in favor of testing it out in the dunes...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts