Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the information that I've garnered from a variety of sources, I will be installing 4-point or 5-point harnesses. Are you going to be replacing the stock harnesses and, if so, which ones will you be installing?

I did find some good information on the variety of harnesses available:

Pirate4x4.Com - The largest off roading and 4x4 website in the world.

Pirate4x4.Com - The largest off roading and 4x4 website in the world.

After reading through the installation article, it would appear that the Wildcat is going to need some modifications to allow the shoulder straps to be installed at the correct height.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Keeping the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ok Here Starts My ? On Belts
Good Info There RSR For Peps Like Me That Dont No Didly De About Belts lol
#1 Have Yet To Find A 4 Pt See Lots Of 5 Pt Some 6pt But They Looks Like 5 Pt Whats The Dif ?
#2 The One Site Look Like They Where All Around 250 Bucks The Crow Site Around 90 Bucks Am I Missing Some Thing On The Crow Site Or Are They Just Cheap & No Good ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Keeping the stock ones.
When I was driving the WC I didn't really pay attention to the belts cause I had a steering wheel in my hand. When I was a passenger with a dealer driving...I was all over the place in the rough stuff. Depending what a person does with their WC will really determine if stock is good enough or not. Also when belted in tight with a good harness, the chance for injury in a rollover or hard hit goes way down.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#1 Have Yet To Find A 4 Pt See Lots Of 5 Pt Some 6pt But They Looks Like 5 Pt Whats The Dif ?
#2 The One Site Look Like They Where All Around 250 Bucks The Crow Site Around 90 Bucks Am I Missing Some Thing On The Crow Site Or Are They Just Cheap & No Good ?

Thanks
Here's a 4-Point:
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S3D70X58WR71208189130b~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000371a

The 6-Point is the same as a 5-Point except it has two straps between your legs instead of 1.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

Thanks

Both brands are quality harnesses, I think Simpson tends to run a little more. The $250.00 harness was probably a "cam lock" latch. Both Simpson and Crow have standard latch mechanisms as well cam locks. I'm going with Crow cause I have them in the buggy. Also a good harness will have SFI rating's and date codes which are required for sanctioned race tech requirements

On this site their not called 4 point but 2 point, which you would think would be just a lap belt...but the lap belt is called a lap belt...:rolleyes:
Off Road Warehouse - Racing Parts CROW Safety Gear Driver Restraint System

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ahh Thank You Sir
So I Take It A 5 Pt Is The Way To Go There Was 3" Set On Crow Site For 91 Bucks ( Blue ) Was That For The Hole Thing

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yep Thats The One I Was Looking At Blue 99 Bucks

·
Registered
508 Posts
For the type of riding I will be doing, the stockers will be fine for awhile. Alot of times I find that people get the harnesses and then dont bother to put them on all the time because they are a pain to put on and restrict movement. There is also the little issue of not having anywhere to mount one readily avail. I will wait and see what works the best.:cool:

When I was driving the WC I didn't really pay attention to the belts cause I had a steering wheel in my hand. When I was a passenger with a dealer driving...I was all over the place in the rough stuff. Depending what a person does with their WC will really determine if stock is good enough or not. Also when belted in tight with a good harness, the chance for injury in a rollover or hard hit goes way down.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
X2 There
But The Wife Is Making Me Get Them
Is There A Site Sponser Out There That Sells Them ?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I went with the Crow 4 point harnesses in both of my previous Prowlers. Do yourself a favor and go with the the 3". They are much more comfortable and dig into your shoulders much less....................

·
Banned
441 Posts
For the type of riding I will be doing, the stockers will be fine for awhile. Alot of times I find that people get the harnesses and then dont bother to put them on all the time because they are a pain to put on and restrict movement. There is also the little issue of not having anywhere to mount one readily avail. I will wait and see what works the best.:cool:
Ditch the stockers and get real belts.A pain is taking someone to get treated or worse.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put 5 points in my wife's rzr4. Got them from Speedway Motors. $59.99 each!!! They are 3" wide and sfi certified. I have a set of Crow's in my race Rhino and there's no difference in them and the one's from Speedway.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Pro Armor makes some nice ones now.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Running Crow 4 point in my Prowler....probably do the same on the Wildcat.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
anyone figure out what your gonna connect your harness to? i dont see how yet

1 - 20 of 51 Posts