Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 and I think the engine threw a rod. The Wildcat is in good condition with many upgrades so, what would the Wildcat be worth as a roller?

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Probably not as much as a part-out would bring. If you might go that way, you could check with Alex Kennedy in the Wildcat Riders Facebook group and see how his part-out is going.

Someone buying it as a roller would want to get it so cheap that they could put a motor in it and not be too far upside down. There is a wet-clutch motor on ebay right now. $3k shipped or make offer.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
I have a 2012 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 and I think the engine threw a rod. The Wildcat is in good condition with many upgrades so, what would the Wildcat be worth as a roller?

Opinions are greatly appreciated.
Don't want to sound harsh, but not much. Even if it was running, it's an 8 year old car. If you could get $3 - $3.5K, I think that would be in the ballpark. Remember, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
IMHO that might be high by a grand or so, unless it is really loaded and you find someone that wants a wet-clutch cat with exactly those accessories. '14s and '15s are selling for six to seven thousand.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
$3,000 - $3,500 not that bad.
Remember, the key word is "IF". You'll need someone that has a project in mind, or who has a good motor, and a totaled frame.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Probably not as much as a part-out would bring. If you might go that way, you could check with Alex Kennedy in the Wildcat Riders Facebook group and see how his part-out is going.

Someone buying it as a roller would want to get it so cheap that they could put a motor in it and not be too far upside down. There is a wet-clutch motor on ebay right now. $3k shipped or make offer.
I believe Alex is down to the nitty gritty, barely anything left.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Don't want to sound harsh, but not much. Even if it was running, it's an 8 year old car. If you could get $3 - $3.5K, I think that would be in the ballpark. Remember, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Good luck.
You know how to make my day! To counter those words that's 8 & 7 yrs of grinittus! :racer: Even the crash made me smile and appreciate the 5 pts and brain bucket :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
A 13 with bad motor just sold here on the west coast for 2000$ with less then 1000 miles. They were asking 2500.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
A 13x with 3500 miles,very little add ons sold for $8000 up here. I got $6000 on trade in for my 13x with a lot of extras 6500 miles. My 16x Ltd with many extras went for $12000 for trade in. It all depends who wants to buy and what area of the country.the dealer who took my 16 x Ltd in sold it 3 hours after I traded it. Same dealer sold my 13x a week later.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I believe Alex is down to the nitty gritty, barely anything left.
Which is why he would be someone good to talk to about parting out a Wildcat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I don't replace the engine them I would want to let the whole thing go.

New 2014 engine for $4,222
ECU flash for $350
Oil, Coolant and other for $50
Labor free

Can you see why it may be worth letting it go?

Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Thanks MPR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts