Wildcat Forum banner

What is the first thing you are going to do to your Wildcat?

5K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  wvabeer 
#1 ·
I have been thinking about this now for a while. I think the first thing is to add a harness bar behind the seats so that I can add 4/5 point harnesses. Now I also know that I am going to get the 3 2" receivers for the winch (Front mount, rear mount and storage mount) and plan on running a Viper winch with 55' of rope instead of cable. I'll use a quick disconnect like Warn sells to run cable to the front and rear. I am working on my list of AC accessories I want to get with the Wildcat but I am talking about stuff other than that.

So what is on your dream list?

#3 ·
Depends On When They Come In Oct / Nov Play In The Mud Dec / Jan Race On The Ice

#4 ·
Figure out how to carry a spare tire and extra gas. The tire mount they show looks like it covers the bed. I take a lot of long trips so I need all the storage I can get.

I'll need a canopy also. I like the looks of the hard top but I don't understand the openings in it.

After that I'm going to rip up the Baja with it!

#6 ·
Looks Like A Roof Mount For Me I'd like The Room In Back For More Stuff To

#5 ·
The Roof is cool and so are the front / rear receiver hitches + winch
Some kind of A-Arm guard to protect the exposed steering arms - that it my biggest fear.
New tires, probably Pitbulls
Stereo
Flip out windshield
new trailer to haul it on since mine is not big enough

#16 ·
The come with a cheap plastic skid plate which Artic Cat obviously doesn't have a lot of faith in since they are selling an aluminum replacement in the Wildcat accessories catalog. I know in the RZR world our UHMW skids are preferred about 5 to 1 over aluminum according to polls taken on the RZR Forum site.

#15 ·
They do come with a full bottom skid but what is it made of? I can't find anything that says what it is. The full skid the Factory UTV offers is made from the UHMW which slides over rocks and stuff easy. Plus they will make A arm protection too. If you haven't check out their stuff on their web site.

#19 ·
Factory UTV makes the skid plates. UHMW (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) is a type of product that is used to make the skid plates.
Factory UTV is a supporting vendor here on the forum. Factory UTV Parts Accessories UTV News

#26 ·
Gas, beer and me
Not to PREACH but I hope the beer is for back in camp? Drinking and driving even when on a trail don't mix. I have seen too many injuries from people who did DUMB ASS CRAP because they had been drinking and thought they could make a climb or naviagte thru a technical part of a trail. Up here in Washington about 2 years ago we had a really bad accident where a person in a Toyota p/u thought they could go down a cliff. Well when the truck stopped rolling the passenger had to be air lifted out and the driver was trapped for 3 hours.

I know this is a VERY VERY touchy subject and there will be people on both sides of the fence. I for one save the drinking until I am back in camp. I also spend 1-2 hours every time I go on the trail picking up the throw aways. It is fun to see what the most popular beer for that year is.
Off My Soap Box

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.