Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy an X in 2014/2015. What is the smallest flat bed drop gate trailer that an X will fit on?

Jerry

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
When you consider getting your tongue weight and everything correct I would say a 6x12 trailer.

·
Administrator
27,995 Posts
When you consider getting your tongue weight and everything correct I would say a 6x12 trailer.

That's what I was going to say, we think alike!

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Buy an Aluma 6310 trailer. It's quality built and lighter to tow and takes up less space. Pretty much tows right behind the pickup and doesn't stick out much. I love mine!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It will fit on a 10 footer too or just put in the bed of your truck is what I've done before

Reactions: MetalMulisha

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Check out ECHO trailers too. Very light, tows great and you can get several sizes. The 14ft 3 place will carry our Wildcat and my AC 500 ATV.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have an Aluma 6810. The X fits perfect and the empty trailer is only 440lbs. I am a big fan of all aluminum trailers. I hauled it on my Triton ATV 88 a few times but it was not pretty. The Triton trailer was 104" long and the X wheelbase is 95". I strapped the crap out of it and made it work but I was really happy to get the longer Aluma. It cut my load and strap time in half!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Consider this one very important potential issue. I had a 10X6 carryon. It just fit with the rear gate up. That was until I put wheel spacers on. Then I went with paddles. It also did not like my ITP beadlocks. All were too wide. My solution was to cut the rails and add 5" of angle starboard and port. Not exactly what you want to do to a brand new trailer, but it was an easy fix for me and I had 40' of mild steel angle sitting around and too much .030 taking up tool box space. BUT - that was not where the challenges stopped. Even if you are just going to tote the cat around on stock wheels, the more important concern is how it wasted axle bearings after about 2000 miles. The placement of weight in the rear made it impossible to balance the trailer and it did not track very well. The 3500# axle had damn near come apart at the hubs when the bearings went. $30 in new bearings and I was back on the road. I ended up selling it and getting a real trailer (20' buggy trailer), but I get that's not what you're aiming for. The 12' would be better but just be prepared to inspect the bearings every few thousand miles. I would go 14' and place the weight more strategically.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I use a ziema F511. Its made for rzr xp4. I literally got it because it is the smallest and lowest trailer for the wildcat. I can back into my garage without taking the wildcat off and there is no drop gate you just drive up it. Also because it is made for a sxs the axle is positioned correctly for weight distribution. It tracks perfect and i've had no problems with it at all. If you are looking for the smallest, lowest trailer that is it.

Side note I have seen people driving on the highway with trailers that look like they are driving driving themself lol. I think most people park foward when they prob should park backwards on the trailer for the weight.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, I don't know how you'd fit a Wildcat in the bed, unless scoobydew also has a Trail. I have a 6x12 and it's perfect. If you were real tight on space you could maaaybe fit it on a 6x10, but you couldn't put the end gate up, then back it on or pull it on for load distribution. But just buy a 6x12 and be done.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Buy an Aluma 6310 trailer. It's quality built and lighter to tow and takes up less space. Pretty much tows right behind the pickup and doesn't stick out much. I love mine!!!
The 6310 shows a bed width of 63inch and wildcat is 64 inchs. Do you know if that fits?

·
Registered
722 Posts
You could always run a ratchet strap between a-arms and rather it to crank the front end in. Just do the same for the rear knuckles. I had to do this once to get my Wildcat on a friends trailer that was 64" and I had 2" spacers all around. Not ideal but it works

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
I would also consider this, what ever size you think is best, go bigger. That way you can take more stuff when you head out on a trip.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Yeah, bigger is better if you only have one trailer. But it's nice to have a tiny one for "day trips" - This little WaterCraft trailer has served me well when I don't want to hook up the Toyhauler.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

1 - 20 of 25 Posts