Thanks all for the information. I installed the front frame brace today (was a 2015 and didn't have the gussets) and put in a new air cleaner. That frame brace wasn't very fun, trying to get the brace, the frame and the a-arm to line up and get the steering link in the right spot was a real treat. Also there was no instruction on what to do with the brake distribution block. So I raised it with a included bracket and added some covers to the brake lines to keep them from rubbing on the new brace. Hope that was right. Seems like everything is in the right place and solid.
I also found my coolant leak. The hose that loops from the bottom of the motor to the top back rubbed on the motor case near the bottom and was leaking. The UV dye made it really easy to find. Have all the coolant lines on the motor coming with new clamps. Figure if I am going to fix it might as well fix it once. Most of them look like they have leaked at one time or another. Good news was the normal problem hose had the heat shield on it so that wasn't an issue bad news is it was the other end instead so going to change it anyway. Will have to track down how to bleed the system. In a week that problem will be solved, for now the leak isn't bad just seeping. Add a little coolant and run it.
Tomorrow putting the plow together and mounting it, then changing the belt and putting in the speed works spring plus new plugs.
Have a horn coming in a few days and a license plate bracket so I can officially be street legal in Montana. Hopefully then its time to play a bit.
Anyone know where to tap for the license plate light? there is a plug back there but it looks like it is always hot from the drawing. Hate cutting good wires if I don't have to. Not afraid of wiring, completely re-did a 1978 F250 once so cutting and soldering is no big deal, just don't want to if I don't have to.
Looks like you're off to a good start. For the coolant bleeding, there's a bleed screw on top of the water pump. Jack there front end up at least a foot, open that screw and pour in. Watch that screw though as you can make quite a mess in a hurry.
As for license plate light, I would probably splice into the taillights. There should be a set of wires running right above the center in the back that go to the passenger side lights. I would strip a little of the insulation in the middle, soldier, then cover with liquid electrical tape (love that stuff!).
If you haven't already, download the service manual and wiring diagram from country cat as those should help with your new projects.
Wired, thanks for the info. I have downloaded the service manual and found the wiring diagram. Kind of figured that is how it would be was just hoping I was missing something or there was a pin somewhere up front I could just slide a blade connector over. Oh well, I will do it the hard way. I have some 2 different wires size heat shrinkable connectors, I will see if I can get that to work. I like having the waterproof connection and built in strain relief on those units.
Just finished installing my plow and found only 1 bolt in the factory warn winch and it goes in when I press out. Any tricks on the bolts, they look like they are going to be a bugger. Does anyone know what direction the winch should spool when you press in? in over the top or in under the bottom? Need to make sure cable is spooled correctly before I go swapping wires. Can I just run the cable all the way our and re-wrap the other way?
Be sure to break the new belt in right and it will last, there are some good post on this already. Check gap on plugs and if you dont have the tool or an extra set of hands, a piece of all thread, a vise, big washer and a nut for your all thread will make that secondary spring MUCH easier to install. My first attempt at it resulted in parts flying to the roof of my shop. Glad you found your leak, tons of fun riding to come!!!
I would see if you could download a manual for your winch model and see what it says. Probably under drum. If it has a wire rope andy has been wound the wrong way, might nerd a new rope. Wrong direction could be the solenoid hooked up backwards too.
Found the manual late last night looks like it should be off the bottom so it is wound backwards. I bought a short wide strap last night and will replace cable with that for now. Struggling on the bolts on the winch. Might have to take the winch out and fix the threads. Thinking either packed with dirt or the threads got messed up with the bolts working out. These are getting a little locktite when I put it back together.