Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever used these snake proof gaiters
: Turtleskin SnakeArmor Snake Gaiters
I was informed at work today that it is best to start wearing something like this or have the snake moved
(yeah with a shotgun) if in the way of us doing our job, and since it is against Pa law to kill rattlers, other than finding a new job which is not an option I need something. Any suggestions????

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
.22 and rat shot

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
I've never heard of anywhere that ya can't shoot rattlers. And I live in the most communist state in the country. That being said.....whi is gonna know if you shoot with a .22 and snake shot? .45 works well also.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
a sharp shovel or a revolver with rat shot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Snakes inject venom on contact . Any snake gaitor should work fine. Jeans would probably work most of the time,but with rattlesnakes, best to not take s chance. Here in Ky copperheads are common.we have rattlers too but they're not all that common

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Full can of WD 40 and a cig lighter that works :rolleyes:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've always wondered (and this would be my luck...): What are the odds of shooting at a snake at close range, and having some of the shot ricochet off a rock? Since you're shooting into the ground at fairly close range, seems to me that could be a big risk!

"The minute his head is in sight... Hit it with the rock!" - Vencini, The Princess Bride. ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've always wondered (and this would be my luck...): What are the odds of shooting at a snake at close range, and having some of the shot ricochet off a rock? Since you're shooting into the ground at fairly close range, seems to me that could be a big risk!

"The minute his head is in sight... Hit it with the rock!" - Vencini, The Princess Bride. ;)
valid point, given that two basic rules of gun safety are don't shoot the ground and don't shoot a tree. I actually had a friend years ago that shot a tree with a .38 and the bullet richocjeted and hit him in the belly .

·
Registered
6,004 Posts

With a long gun stick the barrel down towards his face and move it back and forth he will track it prior to his head being blowed off LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts