Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellow Cat members. So I just picked up a 16 x limited and super new the the cat world and I need help!! I want to keep the stock beadlock rims and would like to run 30x10x14 on all 4 corners. (I did order a Dalton clutch kit.) What size of spacers will I need if so or is it even possible to keep the stock rims. Any other insight would be appreciated. Pics appreciated if you have similar set up. TIA!

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Welcome Elgato719. I don't remember stock beadlock wheels? Post a pic. Also, hopefully you'll be getting harnesses and a harness bar. Harnesses will save your life one day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they are stock on the limited model? And yes I will be getting me harnesses and a bar! That's next after the tire selection. TY Hollywood for responding!

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
I believe they are stock on the limited model? And yes I will be getting me harnesses and a bar! That's next after the tire selection. TY Hollywood for responding!
OK, now I remember, you're right! You should be able to support 30s without spacers, I would advise going any bigger though. Here's a couple of tips about beadlocks, first when you're screwing down the ring, look at it like a clock. 12-3-6-9. Get 4 pennies, and put one at each number. Then go 12-6, 3-9. Move the pennies one hole to the right. Repeat until all bolts are torqued. You should get a good seal. If you don't, add 16 ounces of liquid starch to each wheel, and then you should definitely get a good seal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK, now I remember, you're right! You should be able to support 30s without spacers, I would advise going any bigger though. Here's a couple of tips about beadlocks, first when you're screwing down the ring, look at it like a clock. 12-3-6-9. Get 4 pennies, and put one at each number. Then go 12-6, 3-9. Move the pennies one hole to the right. Repeat until all bolts are torqued. You should get a good seal. If you don't, add 16 ounces of liquid starch to each wheel, and then you should definitely get a good seal.
[/QUOT
Ok, Thank you for the advice on that!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
what do beadlocks, walrus' and tupperware have in common?...

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
pm coming...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to upgrade my '13 WildcatX (with 1.1k miles) to 30s and new beadlocks soon is a clutch kit really needed? I typically ride Sierra fireroads between 10-40mph and some rock crawling.
I'm assuming it will it be obvious right away if I do and I'll end up installing a Dalton kit.

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Reactions: Elgato719

·
Registered
165 Posts
looking good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts