Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4nines: I can't take it anymore. I gotta ask what is wrong with the cursor function on the board? I thought it was just my computer until logged in from work. You're killing me with the disappearing cursor. I can't easily fix my typos and I am seriously OCD, so this is a problem. Killing me man. I'm pitching for more supporting vendors. I'll lean on them like Guido looking for his rent money. You get some IT in the house.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that only the truly enlightened can see the cursor.
I can't see it with all the light in the world, well, at least when I use the 'move cursor' function, it disappears. I've been called worse than IT inept, so I'm not afraid to ask :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Are you sure its not your eyesight?? Or maybe your computers are haunted?? Hell, I'm just happy someone besides myself tries to spell properly on this site..........................

·
Registered
285 Posts
I haven't seen that problem. This site is great compared to being beat over the head with RzrForum's nonstop advertising.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mine was disapearing early in the day but I think that was because it was windy here......like gusts to 100 mph, and it was blown away just like everything else around here. So far so good with power this time, last time it was out for 18 hours.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I didn't even know there was internet or computers in Alaska! I've seen that Ikilledadog race and it looks like mostly snow and ice there.........................

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've seen that Ikilledadog race and it looks like mostly snow and ice there.........................
Did you have to go there????????????????:mad::mad::mad:

I bet more people die doing marathons then dogs do during the Iditarod or the Yukon Quest combined. These dogs are the purest of athletes bar none. All they want to do is run and all they know how to do is run. No drugs, no steroids, just pure instinct. If you have never been to one of these races personally and only go on from the info recieved from a TV show, please come up here to dig for gold with "YOUR" next president Sarah Palin. I am sure you will get rich quick.

I live near 2 of the race mushers and I volunteer many days every year during this race, so I have a pretty good idea of the behind the scenes. Why the sarcasm......come on Dentless are things that bad AZ way you have to bash on Ak.....and me? What did I do?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
4nines: I can't take it anymore. I gotta ask what is wrong with the cursor function on the board? I thought it was just my computer until logged in from work. You're killing me with the disappearing cursor. I can't easily fix my typos and I am seriously OCD, so this is a problem. Killing me man. I'm pitching for more supporting vendors. I'll lean on them like Guido looking for his rent money. You get some IT in the house.
Try changing the compatability mode on your browser, it might fix it for you. Should be a piece-of-paper-torn-in-half looking icon next to your refresh icon up top in IE browser.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Did you have to go there????????????????:mad::mad::mad:

I bet more people die doing marathons then dogs do during the Iditarod or the Yukon Quest combined. These dogs are the purest of athletes bar none. All they want to do is run and all they know how to do is run. No drugs, no steroids, just pure instinct. If you have never been to one of these races personally and only go on from the info recieved from a TV show, please come up here to dig for gold with "YOUR" next president Sarah Palin. I am sure you will get rich quick.

I live near 2 of the race mushers and I volunteer many days every year during this race, so I have a pretty good idea of the behind the scenes. Why the sarcasm......come on Dentless are things that bad AZ way you have to bash on Ak.....and me? What did I do?
I'm not bashing you in any way! Just poking fun because it is gonna be 70 here this week! As far as the dog race, I was just being sarcastic as to what these PETA and crazy people call it. I have a very good sense of humor, but over the internet I guess its hard to tell when I am being sarcastic. Just for the record, I am rarely serious.................

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
Does it on my computer too, and especially if I try to post from my Droid X.

I also HATE that I when I try to reply, it takes me to the "quick reply" box instead of standard reply. None of the other forums do this on the same computer.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Need More Smileys To :p

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm not bashing you in any way! Just poking fun because it is gonna be 70 here this week! As far as the dog race, I was just being sarcastic as to what these PETA and crazy people call it. I have a very good sense of humor, but over the internet I guess its hard to tell when I am being sarcastic. Just for the record, I am rarely serious.................
Apology and sarcasm accepted......hopefully we can meet next summer for a beer when I get down your way. I take it personally when folks make fun or attack the Iditarod. You can not believe how crazy it gets because of the dumb activitivist. We may be more alike then either of us know.

Ak has changed so much in the 15 years that I have lived that it's almost not fun anymore. I seen people buy land sight unseen and do not realize that a trail runs thru their property and they block it off. Then we have to go thru a court battle to prove trail rights before ownership. A recent battle was over a state highway right a way and friend's of the owners installed gates and were practically standing armed guard over the access. After some wrangling by off road groups and the state, high water rules applied, the gates were removed, but the state also changed the access point, to try to be a better neighbor.

PS: I tried the Arizona thing for a couple of years........it's not for me. I would much rather have the snow and cold weather with the change of seasons. Don't get me wrong it was cool to water ski/jet ski Christmas/New Years time frame at Waddell Dam but I much rather have my sled playing in the deep snow. I was there when they were building the new dam and watched the old dam go under before they got it totally tore down. What a rainy January that was.....17 straight days of rain. I remember guys kayaking down 83 rd Ave. Sun City was just started to be built. That use to be some of the best riding areas and then out Buckeye way and the Superstitious mountains. Maybe I do miss some things.....Gila Bend and the Gila Bend jokes, Sherriff Arpaio and the Volunteer Posse, chain gangs, etc.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I see the cursor fine. Are you talking about when it disappears in the quick reply box? It does that so it's not erritating when you type over it. Otherwise it comes back the second you move it.

Please give me more details. Also, what browser are you using?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Does it on my computer too, and especially if I try to post from my Droid X.

I also HATE that I when I try to reply, it takes me to the "quick reply" box instead of standard reply. None of the other forums do this on the same computer.
It's the new version of VB that has this built in. I just clicked the +Reply button at the bottom just above the Quick Reply box and it took me to the Advanced Reply box???

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I just wanna say im posting right now from my droid and I never lose my cursor. So lets get back to the haunted theory lol.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I see the cursor fine. Are you talking about when it disappears in the quick reply box? It does that so it's not erritating when you type over it. Otherwise it comes back the second you move it.

Please give me more details. Also, what browser are you using?
It usually happens when using the Quote reply. If you see that you've made a mistake somewhere back in the text somewhera and with try to arrow back or 'lift' your cursor, it disappears. Interestingly enough, it is not happening at this moment. I will assume it is a bandwidth issue. Not on my end, but on the site when there are a ton of people on it. I am running couble T-1 lines. It's the commonday super computer equivelent.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
T-1 is slow :p even two of them is only 3 meg a sec. Just about any cable modem today will do 5 meg and most get 10 to 20 meg a sec. I have a 30 meg a sec business cable line and even it is getting slow by todays standards.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts