Wildcat Forum banner
221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XX
26 Posts
On average what have you guys found that have went from 30 to 32" tires for engine rpm drop ? Just want to get an idea as I have installed the below listed setup in my primary and secondary. All seems great except I would like to drop the rpm some. It sits at 9600 as soon as you punch, it pulls great but I would like lower 9000s as I do not care about max power or speed, I would sooner have long life and reliability. Should have my new 32x10x15 Sedona Trail Saws early next week to swap out for my stock 30" tires, was wondering what your thoughts are on how much this may drop the rpm. Thanks

50-250 primary arctic cat spring # 0646-439 black white stripe
35-45 EBC helix from BD Extreme
200-280 secondary venom spring green PN#210493-011
BD-Xtreme (SSI) 55-17 (13-B5571) weights with 3-1-1-0

Well I received my tires and played some more with the weights. I ended up back with 3-1-1-0 after some playing with a bit more weight , this has dropped my cruise rpm at 40 mph by 650 rpm which is nice and with a stab of the throttle it is up to 9170 to 9200 rpm and just holds there steady as it accelerates. Very happy with the work you did getting the setup Crawler . I have put just over 600 miles on it since the above clutch work was performed and very happy with it. Belt looks great and no sign of any belt on the sheaves. :geek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Again I would like to thank Crawlr for the hard work and Dune Track-N as I used some items from his list also. The machines power delivery is so much better now, much less of a on - off switch now. I also enjoy the lower and smoother engagement plus lower cruising rpm. All around a great improvement. Thanks
It was a lot of fun, and a lot of frustration. I'm glad some of the stuff I figured out worked for other people. It's crazy how different some cars react to the same setup. Or maybe some people are looking for something different, but they really don't know what they want until they try it. That's kinda where I started with this stuff.

It's awesome that other people are expanding on what I learned and making it even better for anyone that is interested in trying something different.
Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nail-head. I may be an excellent motorcycle mechanic and tuner, but I am on a steep learning curve with CVT tuning. I only know what I feel in my car. Right now the Speedwerx setup is working great (in my inexperienced opinion), and I have no intent on changing it any more, at least any time soon. But, I am fully aware that there may be better performance on the table. The only way I would know is if someone much more experienced drove my car and informed me. But until then, thanks for all the help and I am very happy.

·
Registered
2021 XX
26 Posts
Your setup is probably great for what type of riding you are doing apseagle. This setup is more for the tough tight trail rider and rock crawler types that need lower engagement for smoother throttle control and softer control at low speeds. It still works good flat out but probably would not be a drag racers choice. I see you are running a 77" speed setup, nice for the desert and open areas. My 64" setup is about as wide as you want on most of our trails, just a different type of terrain we ride in is all. Take care (y)

·
Registered
29 Posts
With that range in elevation it will never be perfect. In my own experience I kept chasing lower engagement and 9200 rpms at altitude but between the primary and secondary (200-280) the light weights couldn’t close the sheaves and I lost top end. I decided to optimize for lower elevations and deal with the lack of peak rpms when in the mountains…which are hard to use on tight trails anyway. Went back to a factory weight, speedwerx blue stripe, and a 160-240 (I think) secondary. Last ride was at 6500 ft and I hit 82 at 9k before it ran out of grunt. Closer but not perfect yet. Running a 35-45 no ebs helix.
Anymore updates?
My setup has the gen1 speedwerx and I'm not overly impressed. Drove a 2022 RZR XP1000 and it was tons better. This felt like a CFmoto I drove prior. I got this machine for knowing the shortfalls but they appear to be fixable.
The speedwrx engages around between 2250-2700rpms, I'm at around 3500ft and when I hit CO, SD and Wy, I suspect most of the trails won't be high speed. Id love a smoother and lower speed engagement w/ out losing the top end for when I head down to hit dunes.
I like the fact you hit 82mph so that would be great on some of the desert trails I used to run.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i wouldn't waste your hard earned fun money for this disaster. I purchased one of these kits a few months ago or longer and i loved the power curve of this setup with the magnets etc, well yesterday headed to Dumont from Tecopa and about 30 miles out I hear a very expensive sound behind me so I shut her down came to stop and noticed I had a hole in my clutch cover. Well to make a short story long the wonderful magnetically loaded clutch arms that they are so proud of busted the end off and then systematically destroyed my entire clutch both primary and secondary , belt, and clutch cover , probably around two grand worth of damage.
So I go to my local shop to see how much damage I am going to inflict on my wallet, and in the process I hear that these arms have been an issue for a while Duh I guess I didn’t get the memo as usual.
Wish that disclaimer would have been issued when I purchased these but I was so enamored with the ease of adjustment it probably wouldn’t have mattered. So know I am going to go home and see if the wife can pickup a part time job in the evening after she gets finished with her other job at the meat packing plant to help pay for my parts,

DynoJet has a clutch kit now available too, no info on helix cut or spring weight but in the downloads is an installation manual for reference.
View attachment 251988
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tread
Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Automotive tire Tints and shades
Material property Gadget Font Audio equipment Carton
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Locking hubs
Tool Wood Metal Fashion accessory Blade
Automotive tire Tire Kitchen utensil Rim Wheel
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rim Gas
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Attachments

221 - 228 of 228 Posts