Wildcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've read the EBS is not kind when you are airborne and land. Your thoughts on this.
Rev match. Motorcycles, biggest learning curve when growing up riding 2 strokes then switching to 4 strokes, first time I hit a big jump and landed almost went over the bars...

·
Registered
70 Posts
NEVER land without a little bit of throttle! At least some blipping action so as to keep forward drivetrain action.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
$78 for a primary spring is robbery.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
well i could not get the ok on the $78 spring, so I ordered the 0646-439 50/250 so we will see how it turns out.
That might be a pretty good spring. It is rated at 2 9/16"-1 5/16". That is a lot closer to what we have than the 2.7-1.7
I might have to try it. Let me know how it works

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I've read the EBS is not kind when you are airborne and land. Your thoughts on this.
I'm not sure I buy into that.
1. EBS is dependent on resistance when you are slowing down, which is none when you are airborne.
2. EBS keeps the RPM up while you are decelerating so the engine speed should be higher if it doesn't disengage while you are in the air.
3. Without EBS the engine went to idle whenever I let off the throttle.
4. Unless you are jumping triples we are not in the air long enough for it to react.
5. Throttle control and timing is everything when you are jumping.

This is all theory and real world might be different but in theory EBS should be better not worse.

The only down side I see is the rollers in the secondary are not in contact with the ramp when they are on the EBS side so slamming the rollers into the ramp when you land might be a little harsh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rev match. Motorcycles, biggest learning lcurve when growing up riding 2 strokes then switching to 4 strokes, first time I hit a big jump and landed almost went over the bars...
You got it dude. Good way to screw up a fun day.
I'm not sure I buy into that.
1. EBS is dependent on resistance when you are slowing down, which is none when you are airborne.
2. EBS keeps the RPM up while you are decelerating so the engine speed should be higher if it doesn't disengage while you are in the air.
3. Without EBS the engine went to idle whenever I let off the throttle.
4. Unless you are jumping triples we are not in the air long enough for it to react.
5. Throttle control and timing is everything when you are jumping.

This is all theory and real world might be different but in theory EBS should be better not worse.

The only down side I see is the rollers in the secondary are not in contact with the ramp when they are on the EBS side so slamming the rollers into the ramp when you land might be a little harsh
That's it. The problem with them. Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
That might be a pretty good spring. It is rated at 2 9/16"-1 5/16". That is a lot closer to what we have than the 2.7-1.7
I might have to try it. Let me know how it works
Going off your measurements and results and the measurements on it, I think it should be
Will do, looks like it will be next week sometime.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Crawler here's the sheet I found. The second black spring that shows the same specs as the black/white has different rates when you look it up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
country cat $39 free shipping. Went and looked, apparently I bought the last one they had in stock
Yes it appears you did. So I'm still on the search. I have a bikeman spring on the way. But I'm afraid its going to have to high of an engagement. The Joy's of the hut of a few hundred rpm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Crawler here's the sheet I found. The second black spring that shows the same specs as the black/white has different rates when you look it up.
thats the same sheet I was using, from what i can find the black spring is a 143/250. they must have just messed up on the sheet

61 - 80 of 103 Posts