Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new front wheel bearings cause I didn't get a greaser tool I'm sure (heard a big squeal and now I have tons of play up front), so now I'm getting the tool and want to put in new bearings. I looked at the local shop and the OEM ones are $37 each for the fronts and $83 each for the rears. Is there a better place to but them or a better bearing like Timkin or something. $240 seems kinda steep for 4 bearings.

It's a 2018 X Limited, 30mm and 40mm I think.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
997 Posts
That seems way to high! I just took a look on Amazon and saw a set of 4 (frt & bck) for $119.60 delivered. I'm guessing you can do better with a search.
Search "all balls wildcat wheel bearings

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read All Balls weren’t so great but out of frustration I ordered them lol. My fronts are 30mm but the rears are 40mm.

Sean

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
I read All Balls weren’t so great but out of frustration I ordered them lol. My fronts are 30mm but the rears are 40mm.

Sean
All Balls has great stuff. Not sure where you heard that, but I've never had issues with any of their products.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's good to hear, I searched all over avoiding them for OEM. I might have even made that up lol.

Sean

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Well that's good to hear, I searched all over avoiding them for OEM. I might have even made that up lol.

Sean
For OEM parts, you can't go wrong with MLS, Country Cat or Rocky Mountain ATV. If they don't have what you need, then it's definitely aftermarket.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've definitely heard MLS is good but you can't order online to Canada and I couldn't get through on the phone, understandably nowadays. Countrycat website wouldn't even come up when I clicked on it, I thought they shut down or something. I think the others worked out about the same as local and Amazon was the only one I could get tomorrow. Forgot about the long weekend here so my shop was closed yesterday when I drove there.

Maybe we were meant to go dirtbiking this weekend instead lol.

Sean

·
Administrator
27,616 Posts
Yeah I've definitely heard MLS is good but you can't order online to Canada and I couldn't get through on the phone, understandably nowadays. Countrycat website wouldn't even come up when I clicked on it, I thought they shut down or something. I think the others worked out about the same as local and Amazon was the only one I could get tomorrow. Forgot about the long weekend here so my shop was closed yesterday when I drove there.

Maybe we were meant to go dirtbiking this weekend instead lol.

Sean
Sorry man, my bad. I didn't see the Canadian flag. Yeah, there has been countless horror stories about either trying to get parts across the border, or the ungodly tax you have to pay to get them.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
countrycat website is working fine for me. Being in a state on the Canadian border, I would think they have shipping to Canada all figured out.

I have a loaded (all bearings and what-not, ready to be installed) upgraded rear knuckle that I would cut you a great deal on. I carried it as a spare, but the X is long-gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts